Best Tool Find of the Year (for me) $10. at Home Depot and elsewhere.

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed a small pressure nozzle to hook up to a garden hose- for various cleaning jobs - like on my truck. (I found something super!) I thought I knew what I wanted but couldn't find one, then I found this awesome invention! I took the risk for $10. plus tax.

This will focus a high pressure water stream down to "Pin Size" (almost) with very little water. I am replacing the thermostat in my truck and that area is all apart and there was a lot of grease and oil around it. I stuffed some newspaper into the thermostat hole so debris wouldn't get in and sprayed the greasy areas with engine de-greaser, including top of water pump, and in that recess in the head where the what-ever-you-call-it sensor is located. It only soaked for about 15 minutes and then I tried this nozzle!

Using the pinpoint range on this completely adjustable nozzle I was able to clean very difficult to access areas with very little water dripping down into a pan below. I was amazed at how well this works and without creating a mess! I also used it on high flow settings to back-flush the heater core back into the head and down to the block drains, through the thermostat hole into the block and through the return heater hose port on top of the pump to back-flush the water pump housing. It worked great and didn't make a mess at all!

In fact the pin-size range took some paint off of my fuel line heater exposing that it is BRASS underneath the grey engine paint.

It's called the "Little BIG SHOT Super Nozzle" and I rate this a 10 of 10 on doing detailed de-greasing without making a mess and I'll be using it in LOTS of places under my truck- like the power steering cooling line area is covered with thick greasy dirt from a long time leaking return line to the power steering pump. This is exactly what I needed! I'm very happy that I took the risk spending $10. on this one!

Here is one at Ebay. Click on the image for a larger view so you can read the label closely (DO THAT) and you can also see a picture of the 'Pin-Point' setting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Big-...Wand-Pocket-/391265648353?hash=item5b193ffee1

Last edited:

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's something I like! A simple tool that doesn't cost much and works so well you wonder how you lived without it before. Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online