Best people are on here.

topgunn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hail:hail:hail:hailMany thanks to BRIMMSTONE and his great offer. I tried many different places for info on daughter-in-law's 90 Honda. Our son just deployed to Afganistan, so my wife and I take care of things foe him now. Our LOUSY chiltons book was mis-informing on timing belt replacement. I got the correct info from BRIMMSTONE. Members here go way out of their way to help others. Again many thanks to all. Herb Gunn

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've personally met two of the members here and they are both great people, one of them is Gary (Icanfixall) and the other is Robert (RLDSL)

Gary drove all the way down to San diego twice for me, once to look at a problem with my truck and the other time to deliver some parts.
Robert stayed the night in Vegas a couple weeks back to time my truck for me.

I've dealt with Mel through several PM's and over the phone for the baby moose deal and found him to be very helpful and informative.

I've also dealt with other members through *** for parts sales and information and they have always been a great help.

I find it very comforting to know that most anywhere we travel with our trucks, there are always members here willing to lend a hand if we have a problem.
I just hope someday I'll be able to make it to one of the gatherings, so I can meet the rest of these great members.;Sweet

1994IDI

Reaction score
Same here. I hope for a chance to meet any members I can, and to hopefully get a chance to return any of the help that has been afforded to me any way I can.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope someday I'll be able to make it to one of the gatherings, so I can meet the rest of these great members.;Sweet
It's not THAT long of a drive from Lost Wages to the Bay Area :angel: or, if the SoCal people ever arranged anything, I can always run down there and stop by and also see my family :D

I agree with the OP; a greater group of guys (and gals) cannot be found. I've said it a million times before, but THANK YOU ALL for making this board what it is ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OB is the best for sure. No compairision.

To all who wish/hope to go to a Rally. All I can say is just do it! It's worth the time and travel to go, you'll have a great time, you'll meet some great people, and you won't regret it.

Gary (icanfixall) drove all the way from California to Bowling Green, Ky for the 2009 Rally........... alone. It was great to meet him in person, see his truck, pick his brain, and enjoy his company/friendship.

Be like Gary, come to a Rally. You gotta make plans, reserve a site and come on out.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are all even more likeable in person! :D Do like Heath says, and if your too far away to drive it, plane tickets are cheap. ;Sweet

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a HELP list for those who travel. Just a Name, Phone and an area they could cover. But how could it be done, with out revealing that info to troll's. Maybe at the next Rally a list could be printed out of any volunteers or a PM to a Moderator with that info. In this day and age it could possible be dangerous.
Just a thought. Any Idea's?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a HELP list for those who travel. Just a Name, Phone and an area they could cover. But how could it be done, with out revealing that info to troll's. Maybe at the next Rally a list could be printed out of any volunteers or a PM to a Moderator with that info. In this day and age it could possible be dangerous.
Just a thought. Any Idea's?

We have such a list on the BOOB site.

Heath

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not THAT long of a drive from Lost Wages to the Bay Area :angel: or, if the SoCal people ever arranged anything, I can always run down there and stop by and also see my family :D

I agree with the OP; a greater group of guys (and gals) cannot be found. I've said it a million times before, but THANK YOU ALL for making this board what it is ;Sweet

Thats a great idea, I can afford to drive old smokey that far, just aint got the time or money to drive back east.