Battery to Starter Wire

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll ground it to the frame, and the transmission, I can't fathom that not being enough. The wiring I have right now is half frayed and burnt up, so even just to the frame would be an upgrade.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll ground it to the frame, and the transmission, I can't fathom that not being enough. The wiring I have right now is half frayed and burnt up, so even just to the frame would be an upgrade.

Burnt up wiring, that tells a story don't it. Ground to the transmission, have all that current flowing thru those electronic sensors, that makes sense. The engine don't need grounds, hope all those relays, FSS, starter relay, Alternator, dash guages, tach and such don't give you problems. Just to the frame is a downgrade.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
The PO had a fuel leak and it caught fire which is the reason the wires are the way they are now, and why I've had so many odd and end problems with wiring, I'll take y'alls word and run it to the engine, its just kinda difficult to think of a good place to ground a 2/0 wire on the engine without getting in the way of something.

mobilemech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are lots of places to ground to the block and not get in the way of other things. fix the wire issues in like factory size or larger wire to clean up the electrical issues, this includes addiquite grounds to stabilize the electrical system and stop the grimlins. if you take shortcuts on location of grounds or wire size your just going to relight the match to start your truck on fire again.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
These trucks are aleady known to have ground issues. I have ground straps from my engine to frame, frame to cab, etc. Look for heater/blower threads, many times they end it "found it, bad ground!" Gauges not working, same thing. Just trying to prevent you having these issues too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US