battery ground location

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
where is the factory spot for the drivers side battery ground?

I moved both batteries to the passenger side a while ago and now im putting one back in the drivers side and cant for the life of me figure out anywhere to ground it except for the bolts to the accessories. would groundin to the accessories hurt?

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is the factory spot for the drivers side battery ground?

I moved both batteries to the passenger side a while ago and now im putting one back in the drivers side and cant for the life of me figure out anywhere to ground it except for the bolts to the accessories. would groundin to the accessories hurt?

Both grounds are the front bosses on either side of the dampner on the front of the block. See in my pic the tabs bolted to the engine supported by the jack stands? Those bolts are for the ground wires, atleast on my 87.

You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
But if you have one painted up that pretty, you'll need to remove some paint from the threads with a thread chaser or you won't get a good ground and clean off the flat surface where it mates up with the cable end

sassyrel

Reaction score
But if you have one painted up that pretty, you'll need to remove some paint from the threads with a thread chaser or you won't get a good ground and clean off the flat surface where it mates up with the cable end

and put some antisieze under both surfaces---

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
or dielectric grease! I just pulled all the grounds and every connection from the F250 last month and cleaned it all, greased it and put it all back together.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My... Thats a nice looking engine.... Someone knows how to paint and pick colors... Looks factory fresh right there... even the injectors are painted the oem looking colors.... Really nice job too.... Do as posted above about cleaning off the paint so you get the best ground you can.... The starter will thank you for it....