BANKS SIDEWINDER

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Has anyone on here ever found or is running a banks wastgated turbo that wasent using a misubishi turbo. The guy at the local diesel shop clames Banks used a Garrett turbo at some time , if it is so what is it . lets see pitcures (for proof):dunnocookoo

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which shop are you dealing with? Last time I was up that way most of the diesel shops I used to deal with were gone. About the only place I think is still in business is Ohio Diesel Injection over on Myrtle in Youngstown.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
You gessed it , I dont know if that is a good thing . Ive also called progresive diesel in new castle. They never got back to me

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progressive was a joke to get in contact with back in 2005 when I was working for Phil Fitts Ford in New Castle. Needed a Garret rebuilt for a project and they never would return a call. Ended up buying a new turbo just to get the car running. Don at Ohio Diesel knows his stuff when it comes to pumps.

Only other people in town I would trust to rebuild a pump for me in that area are Bryan Kallas's older brother and Brad Andrella over at the Vocational school. So many of the shops I used to deal with up there are gone. Most of what is left was calling me to fix them before I moved to Texas.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
Brimmstone

Yea Don has re bult my Ips before ,Steve thinks banks used a garrett at one time . How do you know all these people (brad from the votech,ect). Have you ever been up to Jerry Mcdowells place above mercer Pa( he is an old driller ,engine rebulder ) his shop is full of cummins ,deutz,and detroit engines. I mean full.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont recall them using a Garrett turbo. If my memory serves me right the early non-gated turbos were TE04s, then they went to the non-gated TE06 and finally the gated TE06. I could be incorrect though.

Just did a little more research and I was close. It looks like Banks did you a Garrett turbo on the real early kits and it was a T04B. Same one used on the turbo for the 6.2L

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda well known up there. Brad was a teacher when I was in VOC alongside Kibler. Was in class with Bryan. Mcdowell rings a bell to me in that area but would have to see him to make the memory click. Don is a cousin of mine. Used to work for old man Redlich for a while also. I know Danny and Gary up at Feezles well enough that they know my voice and I get a discount when I call or stop in.

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
I saw Brad at a farm sale today looken at JOHN DEEREs. Im teaching a class at the votec in feb in hydraulics( adult ed.)

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He always was into the Deeres. I still remember the pulling tractor he was building in the AG-Mech class when I was there. When you see him again tell him Lingenfelter says hello. He'll remember me. Lot of great people up in your end of the area. Smartest person I ever met Grover Griggs was from that area. I think I'm one of the very small number who actually know what his middle name is.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the nongated banks and ATS are garrett or rotomaster. Even saw a turbonetics on an 088 setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online

No members online now.