Banks Sidewinder Wastegated Turbo Deal

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
While shopping last nite I came across this ebay deal. This is the same turbo setup I have on my rig. I have many thousands of trouble free miles on them... I actually have a complete spare. The only real drawback is finding parts. My first turbo hot wheel was damaged and it took around 4 months to find that part. It was a nationwide search too. These are made by Mistubishi and they will sell you any part just as long as you tell them the part number... they wont look up anything for you... Thats a terrible way to do business. The usually needed bearings and seal rebuild kits are easily found... Just don't think you are going to find a hot wheel and shaft easily...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0635149393&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mounting will not be a issue but maybe the down pipe may interfere with the trans... Others may chime in with other advice or you can give Banks a call asking them about it. Otherwise it will bolt up to any 6.9 or 7.3 idi engine. they are all drilled the same...

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Banks will give you part numbers for pipes to fit your trans if you just submit their online help form. I also happened to confirm with them last night that they are no longer making these - they're selling whatever they have in stock and that's it. Boo!

Tarantula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temptaton

Banks will give you part numbers for pipes to fit your trans if you just submit their online help form. I also happened to confirm with them last night that they are no longer making these - they're selling whatever they have in stock and that's it. Boo!

This fact tempts me to just break down and buy a new one! Except for the fact I have an old beater of a truck!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know if that thing will mount to a 1986 6.9l with a manual transmission by any chance?

Yes it will, but you will not need the transmission dipstick tube with the kit. If you buy it I'd first look at the Banks parts list and installation instructions very closely. Make sure you get every single bracket, plate, sheild, stud, nut, washer, grommet, and heat sheild. Otherwise, you'll have to get those from Banks. I'm in the process of putting on a used Banks sidewinder and I've had to get several small pieces from Banks and in the end it has added $350 dollars to the cost. Plus, you've gotta get an exhaust for the truck as he's not selling it with the turbo.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent