BAK or EGR plastic bedrail caps

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have have Wade brand bedrail caps on the Moose Truck. They fit and look good.

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mel. I'm weighing my options on bed protection on the 97. Not sure that I want another spray in liner. Thinking about just bed caps and rubber mats. Mel, what the deal with the PA truck weight class sticker on your windshield? I saw it in the 25th Birthday pics. Just curious, if that is like VA with "truck tags"
Thanks,
Jerry

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wont ever use another rubber bed mat. Traps condensation and humidity, and is responsible for what little rust there is on the Moose Truck. It's been running naked for the last couple of years until I muster the energy, time and money to get a spray-in. That weight class sticker is how PA keeps track of what your registration fee is. I've since learned that you can get away without having one. Lady Moose keeps hers in the glove compartment and no one has ever asked why she doesn't wear one.

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mel. I went ahead and ordered some black diamond plate aluminum bed rail caps today along with tailgate and bulkhead protector (I'll have them powdercoated to match) I also ordered up bed and tailgate mats from DeeZee. These have bumps on the bottom to help it breath. We'll see. Eventually I may do a spray in, but after spending countless hours removing the first spray in liner that failed, I'm now leary of having one done. I may do the SEM Pro-Tex liner or some other do-it-yourself catalized system and then continue to run the rubber mat to make up for the thinner DIY coating. For now though, the rubber is better than nothing....I think.
Thanks,
Jerry

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
my 88 F-350 has a rubber mat in the bed and going by its condition its been there quite some time...no rust anywhere on the bed surface and it works great. not like a rhino liner but it works.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had a plastic drop-in liner, no rust under it BUT that's because it wore a cap its whole life.

I removed the cap and pulled the liner out. Glad I did, because there were mice living under it (figures).

Right now I have the bed "bare", it wasn't perfect to beging with so I don't feel bad scraping up the paint. I might get a spray in liner someday, but for what they cost...well, I'm OK with nothing for now.

I also have DeeZee bright diamondplate rail caps and full tailgate protector. They look good with the diamondplate toolbox :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 88 F-350 has a rubber mat in the bed and going by its condition its been there quite some time...no rust anywhere on the bed surface and it works great. not like a rhino liner but it works.

You wont see any on the surface. Where you will see it is underneath the bed, where the weld seems are. The water lays in the seem and seeps down through and rusts it out from the inside (between the seem pieces). The lack of air flow prevents the water from evaporating.