bad oil leak

rodweld

Reaction score
have a bad oil leak on the back of the motor. can't tell where it's coming from. 95 power stroke turbo, any ideas or sugestions will be appreciated.
thanks for any help rod

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
are ya shure its oil, seen many fuel pumps go bad and look like and oil leak
other possibility is turbo orings, or a cracked turbo center section

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
What do you consider bad...a small drip and spot or full blown hemmorage?

EBP {exh back press valve} valve piston seal, turbo pedistal seal, and as Nick pointed out---bad fuel pump leaking fuel will look like an oil leak....

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EBP {exh back press valve} valve piston seal, turbo pedistal seal.

One of those two would get my vote also. If not there then you may have a HPO leak at one of the heads. Get the valley all cleaned up and it should be evident where the leak is coming from.;Sweet

Crumm

No Comment
Reaction score
If it is truly on the back of the engine then it would be a oil rail end plug. The end plug is a very common leak and Ford has updated plugs with a better o-ring that will last longer. Like Mike said you need to clean up the valley a little to make sure the leak is not on top somewhere and then running out the back of the valley.

The Ford number for the new plugs is 4C3Z-6026-CA
You must be registered for see images attach

rodweld

Reaction score
i can't seem to find where its leaking. will i have to remove the turbo to check this plug? thanks rod

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
rod, that plug Crumm refers to is on the back of the cyl head, facing the firewall.

A can of brakleen on a cold eng will confirm them "if" they are the cause of your "full blown hemmorage"....my money is still on EBPV piston seals.....

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I curently have a simalure problem with my '96 cc. But mine is minor until you work the truck, or just the turbo playing! It goes from a small drip to a guart of oil on the ground at a stop sign!! I was told to look at the fuel pump [i think thats what the guy said], behind the fuel filter, supose that is a comin place, so I hear?!

If it sounds the same as mine, let me know what you come up with!!!! I'm headin north this weekend for the holiday and would realy like to drive the PS instead of the IDI!

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
check your turbo o-rings, on my 02 stroker i had a sever leak on the back of the engine, turned out to be a turbo o-ring. cost me all of 15 cents to fix and havent had a problem sence.

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
mine would be ok as it sat but start it and run for 2 minutes then shut off and i dumped little more than a quart in that time, on the back of the turbo, there should be an oil supply line that keeps the turbo lubed, its common for those o-rings to wear out and blow, seeing that the oil line is under pressure, it dont take much. my personal oppinion is thats where i would start.