back seat

BIGDIG

Body by Michelob
Reaction score
Has anyone removed their tiny rear seat from the truck and replaced it with a cargo box of somekind.Looking for ideas,my dog cant fit on that narrow seat and theres just no room for my work stuff........looking for something with a platform that fits the entire rear of the cab for my dog with storage under it....:thanks:

themoose

The Moose is Loose
Reaction score
What about the factory tray??
You fold up the seat & unfold the tray, the storage is still underneath (but only the same as you already have) & you have room for your dog.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
I put a piece of plywood with legs on one side, the other side rests on the seat. I can use the underneath for storage and my big ox of a dog has more room. I put a $5.00 foam pad on top so he's comfy. Not purdy but it works.

BIGDIG

Body by Michelob
Reaction score
Hey moose,I know the tray your talking about,my brother has that in his 03 hemi.i have an 02..shoulda said that.Well the 02 is just a seat that folds up,and gives you room but then its just folded up and still taking up room for the pooch.
I thought of a plywood box with a hinged lid and a cheep thick foam pad on it,but thought maybe someone else had better ideas.Thanks for the help anyways.I wish Dodge made a half seat for them:confused: