Back in an idi again.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those mirrors are aftermarket ones, there's a company that makes those and the mirror heads that are on there but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Also the wastegate actuator is hooked up to the wastegate, you just can't really see it. I wonder what happened to the rest of the heat shielding around the turbo?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe truck was n/a originally, and someone added the turbo, and lost (or never had to begin with) the shields and the air box?

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Ivan, those mirrors actually have heaters in 'em. They're not currently hooked up, but I am gonna find out if they still worky.:D
The turbo is probably factory like Calvin said, and it does have the Turbo Diesel emblems on the side of the fenders. I'm going to re-fasten the heat shielding.

I had serious problems with the wipers when I brought her home, they would work for about 8-seconds or so and then shut off for 10 sec. When they kicked back on, I could her a mild clicking sound from over by the pass. side floor board area. Is there a relay system over there or am I just nuckin futs?:dunno By the way, yes I had the wiper switch on the fastest setting, not delay.:rotflmao

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm, I've heard a relay click from that area too, but not cause of the wipers, IIRC it was the marker lights that trigger it... And yes, hook up the heated mirrors, I'm thinking of installing a pair of Lincoln mirrors in the top corners of the front fenders for that very reason...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the wiper control box is over on the pass side just right in front of the heater core access panel. it's roughly a 3x5x1 black box and looks expensive when I need a new one.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i had the same problem with the relay clicking and the wipers not working. mine turned out to be the wires in the turn signal switch itself making a intermittant connection and driving the little black box nuts that calvin was talking about. i went there first two and was testing relays and it was fine.

check this thread out for some pics on what can cause this.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18827&highlight=switch

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
i had the same problem with the relay clicking and the wipers not working. mine turned out to be the wires in the turn signal switch itself making a intermittant connection and driving the little black box nuts that calvin was talking about. i went there first two and was testing relays and it was fine.

check this thread out for some pics on what can cause this.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18827&highlight=switch

Thanks, you have got me pointed in the right direction now. We'll see what turns up.;Sweet