Axle Width

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Whats the width of a single axle rear end and a dual axle rear end? Front Spring perch to spring perch? Does 45" sound right, or 38"?

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I think a cab chassis is the same and a bed pickup is wider, im just trying to figure out if they are or not really. I have one but Im not sure what it is, and was going to sell it.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A SRW pickup and a cab/chassis use the same width rear. The spring perches on a pickup rear are mounted wider than a cab chassis. A pickup Dually rear is approx. 4" wider overall than a SRW or cab/Chassis rear. The frame of a Cab/chassis is 34", the frame of a SRW and DRW pickup is 37.5"
Not sure what the rearends actually measure off the top of my head. I would think if you have one thats 45" at the perches it would be from a pick up and 38" would be a Cab/Chassis.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Pretty much there not interchangeable by what your telling me. Im getting from what your saying over all a cab chassis truck and SRW pickup widths are the same but the perches are in different places, and a dually pickup overall width is wider than the cab chassis and SRW pickup??

I really wish I had measurements on all these so I know what I really have so I can sell it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online