Axle Swap/Mods

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Ok so I just shipped a friend of mine a Dana 80 DRW from a 90 F350 to TN. He wants to swap his Sterling 10.20 3.55 to the Dana 80 with 4.10s. Dont know why, but I had one and he was showing cash so hell who turns down the greens right? So he had a few questions and I wasnt able to answer them. What do you have to do in order to change it from DRW to SRW and keep the drum brakes? He has a SRW sterling in his 88 350. He is going to be using it for mostly towing his mudder, and some sled pulling. Also has the idi and zf5 4x4.

Any ideas other than getting the plasma cutter out and chopping the tube down around 4inches and just keep the duals?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Ok so I just shipped a friend of mine a Dana 80 DRW from a 90 F350 to TN. He wants to swap his Sterling 10.20 3.55 to the Dana 80 with 4.10s. Dont know why, but I had one and he was showing cash so hell who turns down the greens right? So he had a few questions and I wasnt able to answer them. What do you have to do in order to change it from DRW to SRW and keep the drum brakes? He has a SRW sterling in his 88 350. He is going to be using it for mostly towing his mudder, and some sled pulling. Also has the idi and zf5 4x4.

Any ideas other than getting the plasma cutter out and chopping the tube down around 4inches and just keep the duals?

It sounds as though you sold his a F-superduty dana 80 that has disc brakes and 10 wheel studs. IIRC dodge used a D80 so maybe you could use those outers to put on the ford axle:dunno