Aux fuel Tank tie in???

Titojeep

Reaction score
I've only been using my aux fuel tank / truck box combo as manual tank recently since I haven't had a chance to tie it into the factory tank. I picked up an adapter at my local supplier, but found that my filler tube actually runs a little down hill before going up to the filler neck. Regardless, as I observe the filler neck, I realize that it's almost level with the bottom of my tank box in the bed. Is there another entry point on top of my factory tank that I could tie into? How have any of you tied in your aux tank box into the factory tank? To be honest, I run Wast hydraulic oil and generally keep my tank box full of oil and mix it into the factory tank at a certain ratio. I'd like to have the ability to let the oil flow into the factory tank at fill up's rather than drain into 5 gal jugs, and then poor into tank. Kinda sucks with this southern heat here lately.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get a chance I will take pic of mine tomorrow. My buddy bought the kit from northern tool and I just looked at it and went to lowes and bought some white plastic plumbing T fitting and rubber boots and installed some brass fittings. I cut mine right where the filler neck is parallel with the bed right after the hose clamp holds it to the bed. My aux tank has a ball selector valve that i can just shut it off and on when needed. Works well and I did the same thing with oil in my tank. I also have my aux tank tied into my factory selector valve since my rear tank had a hole in it. So I can run just off my aux tank with oil if I am going on a long drive to save my diesel.

Titojeep

Reaction score
Yes, this is the kit I saw as well, however my concern was the small size of the tube (since it will flow oil and not diesel) the restrictive check valve, and the fact that after installed, the filler tube between this unit and the tank actually would have to run up hill when installed. I guess I could possibly shorten the tube, or possibly lower the tank, but I was more interested in knowing if there was another access point above the tank to come straight in.
Either way I guess if you guys are using this method, I assume it will work for me too. I'll give it a try.
Thanks

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get home in time to get a pic but I will tomorrow. You can save lots of money if you go to lowes or tsc and buy the things you need and then you can add the size of fuel line you want to the filler neck. The northern tool kit actually gives you the wrong size t fitting and rubber connections from what i read on reviews (at least for my year of truck) I will get you the info on what I bought and some pics tomorrow evening. Sorry I got busy today at work and didn't get to it.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a couple pics from under my truck. Pretty much just a plumbing t with the tee part being threaded with what size barb fuel hose you want feeding your tank. I mounted it right under the bed where the filler neck is held to the bottom of the bed with a hose clamp. I can't remember what size the fitting is but 1 1/2" seems like what i remember it being. I just used some old rubber radiator hose to combine them all together.

Attachments

• 0728102027.jpg
    0728102027.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 0728102028.jpg
    0728102028.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13

Titojeep

Reaction score
Thanks for the input and pics. Sorry for the delay in responding, I got tied up at work with a project. The pics are great. I'll definately do the same.