Autometer pyro.

drudykj03

Reaction score
This qeustion is for you guys that have a autometer ultra lite pyrometer. If I drill and tap a hole in my exuast manifold will the probe screw right in? or does a bung have to be welded in??
Thanks

drudykj03

Reaction score
Also if I wanted to install a oil tempature gauge where would I get the reading from? Where or what would I tap into..??

sassyrel

Reaction score
bung needs to be welded in--use nickel rod---dont braze--as brazing dislikes vibration, and will crack out--can get the fitting from autometer--just call em------------oil temp of the crankcase, or trans?????

drudykj03

Reaction score
how does it fit into the probe fitting on a turbo then?? just curios
dont have it in front of me, just going to buy soon.. I dont have a turbo either. just hoping I could thread it right into the manifold... if not is there another manufactor that makes one I could do that with?

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
i drilled and tapped my exhaust manifold and threaded in my pryo. as far as the oil sender goes i installed it in my oil cooler.
chris

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Autometer Z-series pyro and it has a fitting that threads into the manifold after you drill and tap it to 1/8NPT. The probe attaches to that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online