Auto Transmission problems

TurboIDIpower

Reaction score
I just replaced the injector pump and injectors to fix a problem of rough running and blue smoke. It cured the problem and is now running perfect. The only thing is when I put it in drive it hardly moves. It goes fine in reverse and the transmission had no issues prior to the injector pump repleacement. What could I have done wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

94 IDI Turbo Diesel with 90k

TurboIDIpower

Reaction score
It appears to be stuck in 3rd gear and keeps blowing one of the Transmission 20 amp fuses,

Help!!!

Thanks,

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
WOW an idi with 90k You lucky man!!

Its most likely involved with the FIPL (fuel injection position lever) the black or grey sensor on the side of the injection pump didn't get adjusted right upon re-installation. With the key on and the engine off; the center wire coming from the FIPL should read about 1.1v at idle and somewhere around 4v at full throttle.

If it don't, loosen the two torx screws and move the FIPL until you get those readings. Then drive it and see what happens and post back

TurboIDIpower

Reaction score
It turned out to be the fuel heater circuit blowing the 20A fuse. When I disconnected the wire from above the fuel filter it cured the problem. Now I have to find out what is wrong with the heater circuit before the winter. Does anyone know what could be causing the heater circuit to blow the 20A fuse when cconnected??

Thanks