Auto Meter Gauges on CL

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at these but had some questions:

I have old hypermax double-guage(pyro/boost). the post said I'd need the kits because only the guages are provided. would I be able to run the existing boost/pyro fittings in to the autometer guages(pressure line for boost and 2 wires for pyro)?

I already have a trans temp but could probably sell it. also guessing the pod won't work on the IDI a-pillar so..

Kenneth is this your post and if so would you just sell the guages?

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I was just looking at these but had some questions:

I have old hypermax double-guage(pyro/boost). the post said I'd need the kits because only the guages are provided. would I be able to run the existing boost/pyro fittings in to the autometer guages(pressure line for boost and 2 wires for pyro)?

I already have a trans temp but could probably sell it. also guessing the pod won't work on the IDI a-pillar so..

Kenneth is this your post and if so would you just sell the guages?

Not my listing... I just saw it this morning while looking for a CD player for the Excursion... BTW, I used a two gauge pod from a '91 Civic in my IDI and it worked pretty good.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah any mechanical boost gauge is very simple and should swap over with no issues. The pyro can be more of a challenge but my feeling is they'd both be Type K thermocouple users and if so that should swap over fine, unless that autometer needs an amplifier box and you don't have one. As far as the pillar pod, many things are possible if you don't expect it to look perfect/factory. I used a cheap universal A pillar pod for my 86 boost and pyro(now has boost and autometer fuel gauge, and it isn't real pretty but it works. It needs work to look better at this point but for now I'm pretty pleased. I hear the 87-97 A pillar pods work well with some slight modification.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726