Attn PA, BOOB service requested.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you guys know I am looking for a crew cab. I found an 92 IDI 7.3 truck I am very interested in West Chester, PA 19382. I wanted to see if anyone was close enough to swing by and look at it for me. I am about 3~4 hours away from it. Ill get ya a 12-pack at the next meet(if I can ever make it to one :)) or whatever. If you can do it just PM me. I dont want to advertise the truck just yet.

Thanks!!! :hail

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to the guy again, its an automatic. What tranny would be in a 92 4x4? Am I asking for trouble? I have had bad luck with autos in the past. I was thinking if I bought a huge cooler right off the bat maybe id be ok. He said it shifts good.

Also there is a Jasper sticker on the valve cover but no paperwork came with the truck. Is that good? Will the Jasper last? The truck is at a dealer, was a trade in. Why would you trade a IDI for a non IDI? cookoo :D

Do 92s have a 6 digit for the odo? He says it has less than 100K on it. I find that hard to believe. I am also wondering why a Jasper engine would be in a truck with such low miles. The truck looks really nice tho, so IDK. :love:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can help you out. I work in Malvern and could check it out for you over my lunch hour. PM or call with the details.

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assume the trans is junk and you won't be disappointed. I bought my 93 cc IDI E4OD in Houston. Trans seemed to shift good until several weeks later when I hooked my trailer on to it. THen it displayed "T.C. chatter". $2000 later I have a fresh trans that still shifts like junk. But I'm happy with the truck and think for $5000 for the truck plus $2000 for the trans I STILL stole it...

pafixitman

Reaction score
I talked to the guy again, its an automatic. What tranny would be in a 92 4x4? Am I asking for trouble? I have had bad luck with autos in the past. I was thinking if I bought a huge cooler right off the bat maybe id be ok. He said it shifts good.

Also there is a Jasper sticker on the valve cover but no paperwork came with the truck. Is that good? Will the Jasper last? The truck is at a dealer, was a trade in. Why would you trade a IDI for a non IDI? cookoo :D

Do 92s have a 6 digit for the odo? He says it has less than 100K on it. I find that hard to believe. I am also wondering why a Jasper engine would be in a truck with such low miles. The truck looks really nice tho, so IDK. :love:

92 is the first year for the "new" body style (now reffered to as the old body style trucks). Trans is an E4OD. Cavatation could have hit w/ the original. May have been a bad pump or something and the PO was talked into a new motor - who knows? Miles on the body would be acurate. PA truck all of it's life? We have yearly inspections. Newer trucks are easier to get more hp out of - just chip 'em.