ATS swap

chris

Reaction score
I'm thinking of starting to save up for a ATS to replace my stock 47 rh or whatever. I've had it rebuilt at 148000 and its still going at 240000 but i've herd good things about ATS. Anybody out there got one? I'm trying to find an estimate of the cost?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read good and bad from ATS trannies.... How much power you putting toyur trany?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score

chris

Reaction score
thanks for the advice fellers, i don't really know how crazy i'd get with bombing my stock engine. I know you might think i'm a pansy but i gotta make this truck last a long time with as little break downs as possible. I've been thinking about doing a fuel plate for a boost of say 30hp from the stock 160. What do think. Would a differnt torque converter give me bettr shifts and harness more power? Well just herd some coyotes outside the house so i think i try and nail one w/ my .223 So long, chris

ndurbin

Reaction score
I'd stay away from those Ebay trannies if it were me. ATS, DTT, Suncoast, Goerend Bros., and some others are very high quality tranny builders but you'll be looking at probably $4000 if they install it. You could probably do a TC and valve body upgrade and be ok since your only doing a mild bomb.

Nathan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online