ATS compressor housing?

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATS claims:
The ATS Ported Shroud Compressor Housing, designed to increase your turbo life by eliminating the damaging effect of compressor surge

Is this worth the extra money (about $200) for upgrading when adding the 3" outlet and downpipe on a stock Ford turbo?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Nope. Bout all I can say. I don't even know how you'd get a turbo to surge on our trucks. If you truely want to eliminate surge, if you have it, is to attach a blow off valve between the compressor outlet and the engine intake. I considered doing it to my brown trucks system but discovered there is really no reason for it on our trucks.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Never heard of a turbo surge on one of our turbo's. Are you sure your not looking at 7.3 powerstroke turbo's? The 99-03 turbo's have turbo surge and they sell wicked wheels to fix them....kinda sounds like what you are talking about.

1994IDI

Reaction score
I know I'm getting away from the subject of your thread, but I would like to recommend that you steer clear of ATS downpipe and outlet all together. I think most, not all, but most will agree that their slip fit application does not work well at all. Let me know if want any more info..
Like I said, I apologize cause I know that's not what you asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online