ATS 088

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I stand on the throttle with mine, I can hit 10-12 psi, but that's with a stock pump and BB injectors. I remember reklund said he maxed out at 8 psi with the stock fuel system and hit 16 with the DPS stuff...that was when Ken was having a lot of QC issues and reklund unfortunately had a bad set of Stage 1s. With Ken's recent stuff and an upgraded turbo, I'm sure 15 psi would be possible....that IC will lower your boost some but still improve performance. I hope you try it, I'd really like to see what it's capable of, because as much as I like my 088, my current thinking is that my turbo will be something else if I ever build an engine that can take 15-20+ psi without scattering or being real inefficient, but if the 088 can do that, it would make life easier.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really dont want to step on toes here, but from what im seeing in the dyno charts posted for the moose stuff, it seems like the moose pump and dps injectors would be the way to go. Not sure what the difference is, something im trying to investigate at the moment. putting the moose injectors on with the dps pump he lost power, then when he put the moose pump on he gained alot more. So theoretically moose pump with dps injectors would be even better. That is given to say that the moose injectors werent just too big for the DPS pump that they were just popping all the fuel at once and not keeping the combustion event burning long enough. I think adding fuel to the cylinder even on its down travel would really do alot for spooling and max boost, although not sure how it would react via egts, let alone fuel mileage. I think thats one huge advantage diesels have over gassers is we can keep adding fuel after the valve closes. Which theoretically in my eyes makes torque numbers go through the roof. but also a disadvantage when it comes to tuning, aka pump, injectors, and timing; trying to find the sweet spot.

I was pretty impressed with NMB2's DPS pump, as well as others' earlier reports about DPS pumps when people on OB still liked Ken. If you believe NMB2's dyno sheet, especially the torque curve, you can see the DPS pump does a really nice job with giving the engine useable fuel all the way to the redline. I'm not knocking Mel's stuff here, it just looks like in this case the DPS had a nicer curve. Both these pumps actually have a much better fueling and timing curve than a stocker, and they can both pump out more fuel than you can use with any of the "kit"turbos w/o an IC or water injection at least.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well for 88 ford i can measure it in the morning before work, and as of this afternoon i have a stock 6.0 intercooler in the works and im prlly gona get injectors from dps, agnem said the moose injectors are on backorder and he cant get none for a wile and got a new pump from dps allready, will closing in the exhaust housing help any?

Thank you I'd really appreciate you measuring it. And as for fuel, I have DPS injectors which I do like and a Moose Pump which I also like. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Also what do you mean close in the exhaust housing? Like get a smaller one? That would help the turbo spool better but the smaller the housing, the higher the egts usually are. You just gotta have the fuel and you should be able to spool the 088 to 20psi. And that intercooler will be good to. You'll notice a not pf difference.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty impressed with NMB2's DPS pump, as well as others' earlier reports about DPS pumps when people on OB still liked Ken. If you believe NMB2's dyno sheet, especially the torque curve, you can see the DPS pump does a really nice job with giving the engine useable fuel all the way to the redline. I'm not knocking Mel's stuff here, it just looks like in this case the DPS had a nicer curve. Both these pumps actually have a much better fueling and timing curve than a stocker, and they can both pump out more fuel than you can use with any of the "kit"turbos w/o an IC or water injection at least.

I also tend to believe what NMB2 put down but it is pretty controversial. But either way, he still had decent numbers.

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im hoping to get a new down pipe custom made for mine,i could of got an 093 but i was hoping the non gated turbo with the bigger compressor wheel would make the boost im after, i think if i could get it to do it, id feel comformtable pushing this motor to 30lbs of boost

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ans 88ford a buddy of mine said his 093 fit on his 088 setup pipes, mine is off the truck right now, im gona put on in a couple of weeks when my studs and victor gaskets come in the mail

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and what do yall think about these injectors? they say CAV england on them, they look brand new and there bb codes? they any good?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
for 88 ford. see what u need?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
you can always toss them in and see how she runs. I would personally have them pop tested first.

They reman or new?

The reason why i ask is i have new delphi's that got reshimmed as the new spring softened with a few thousand miles on them. Those are my old injectors rebuilt with the original return lines still on it when i got the motor.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for 88 ford. see what u need?

So it pretty much looks like even if I clock the compressor housing that it will be roughly an inch away from the edge of the intake? Hmmm I might have to have my mount adjusted but it looks like it might be doable. Thanks for the pics. Could you possible measure the distances for me still though? Still curious of the exact measurements. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger