Anyone Using a Vormax Heated Fuel Filter?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Yup, that's my vegoil filter. I have the Plant Drive WVO conversion kit. The Vormax a great item.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
How often are you replacing elements? Is there a filter element # from Racor or other vendors for this thing so I'm not paying the wvo folks a 5,000% markup?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
That depends on how well I pre-filter my vegoil and that I get the water out prior to filling my tank. Wet oil will swell the filter element faster than sediment will fill it. So my longest was about just under 5K and the shortest was 2,800 (when I was a stupid newbie) :D . It uses the Racor R90T (10 micron). Cheapest price is $23.46 HERE. Certainly not an inexpensive filter. It also comes in 2 & 30 micron ratings but a 2 will clog up too fast (waste of money) and a 30 is designed as a pre-filter so I won't use either of them.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Hrm. Since I have an extensive shelf stock of stock fuel filters I bought for $4.50/pc maybe if I decide to do this I'd plumb it in after the stock filter, or just wait till I run out of stock filters (it'll be a while). Thanks for the info.

That depends on how well I pre-filter my vegoil and that I get the water out prior to filling my tank. Wet oil will swell the filter element faster than sediment will fill it. So my longest was about just under 5K and the shortest was 2,800 (when I was a stupid newbie) :D . It uses the Racor R90T (10 micron). Cheapest price is $23.46 HERE. Certainly not an inexpensive filter. It also comes in 2 & 30 micron ratings but a 2 will clog up too fast (waste of money) and a 30 is designed as a pre-filter so I won't use either of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin