Anyone know who this belongs too?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
That is nice. Can you argue that the egr delete is legal on this era truck? That's the way to go if that is the case:sly

Last edited:

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That had to be a challenging install!;Really

I'd say it was. I'd love to see some under hood shots and hear some details about the swap. I like that it's different and not just another cummins swap.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw that truck in Atlanta well technically Dacula I think. I got a friend that teaches in Gwinett county and that truck was behind us for a little while when we were driving his Cummins one weekend a few months back and the dude driving it boiled the tires just like after we both stopped for fuel and talked for a min. We razzed him about the 6.0 but after he fogged the gas station parking lot with burning rubber and black cloud i had a new respect for the 6.0. Takes a lot of $$ to build one right, but it can be a super sweet plant if you got the $$.
The scary part is with how quick it seems that IDI parts are slowly being discontinued/obsoleted/phased out, we might HAVE to be considering those engines as viable powerplants one day in the near future.
Also I think the dude was running a standalone ECU/PCM. He said he could have never done it with out that..............for what thats worth.

It was a badass truck for sure, but the actual TRUCK- body interior etc, was mint- thats what really turned me on........

DragRag

Reaction score
Sick ride. I know 6.0 power well. I had one that was about 550hp, and made torque at about 950-975 ft lbs. That truck would easily smoke the dual rear up to and part of third gear. I do miss that crazy ass power. I am ready for that power again, but I am not ready for the bills that come with the. The 5 speed auto is real nice to, it will dust a 5-6 speed manual any day of the week. It is real easy to make that kind of power with a 6.0.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hp and the size in your pants....:eek::dunno Same thing... I really like hp but thats only because it looks and feel good.... I'm not interested to "keeping it running" repairs to a high hp engine.. About the only real item we are running out of the the blocks for these idi engines. We can get new offshore heads for the 7.3 and they will bolt directly to the 6.9 no problem. The cranks are offered new as is the cams. The older cast iron flexplate combo is no longer offered anywhere but... U haul just had one on ebay for around $350.00. I have two of them withany need for them. They cost nothing to sit on the spare parts shelf..:sly We have a few other items that are no longer made... Like the vacuum manifold on the firewall. Banks broke mine and didn't tell me about it. I finally found why my vacuum was so bad. Ford doesn't have it or can get it so... I went to pick a parts. Looked in the big mercs and lichlns and found the same item so.. Sometimes you need to look at other cars for your discontinued past. One last item that is no longer offered by anyone.. That hose fitting that suplys hot coolant to the heater. I bought the last one. It has a rubber flow restricter in it. Really don't know why either. And one last item that nobody makes any longer... Way back at the rear of the valley pan we have a plug with a screw thread on it and a 3/8 hex in it. That does two things. It holds down the rear of the valley pan and it acts as a drian for any fluids that collect in the pan under the intake manifold. I bought 11% of the last ones for had to offer. They really don't go bad but they sure do seem to grow leggs and hide in dark places. You ca not run without this holding down the rear of the pan. Don't even try.. A member tried because he had no idea about this function..... Had oil running eneywhere and dirt and water entering the engine... Could have been a costly mistake.... Never did learn much more of that experiance either... Propapble sold or gave away the truck and got a nissan....:angel:

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Wow that was sweet! That thing sounded so good. Looks even better with the smoke rollin. Somethin about an older truck with newer drivetrain. That guy is probably onto somethin there. All of us are gonna be doin that sometime haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist