Anyone here go to GovDeals?

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here a member of GovDeals, I signed up and wanted to bid on this cool truck:

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=67&acctid=3335

Only to see that this place doesn't accept bids from new members that are still on 'probation', as ALL new members are.

If we were able to make a deal on it, I'd pay any member here that is a member there to bid on it for me, I'd pay the initial bid plus a 'service fee' to the bidder, plus if the member was close-by to the truck, I'd even pay that member to grab the truck from the lot and 'store it' for a small while until I was able to get over there and grab it. :hail

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with the bidding but just reading the description, I'm not sure why you would want it other than for the plow. It's a small block gasser, it's rotted bad (you can tell the cab is sitting funny) and its 3/4 ton so no d60.

If it's really what you want I guess good luck.

SpookyLittleGirl

Reaction score
You can bid on this. New bidders are on probation and are limited to bidding on three items at once.

This is from the FAQ on the homepage:

Q. How does the Probationary Period work and how does a bidder remove themselves from the Probationary Period?
A. There are three levels of bidding activity a new bidder must work themselves through to have the Probationary Period removed.

Level I: During the first thirty (30) days of probation a bidder may only have three (3) transactions open at any one time. As soon as a transaction is completed another transaction may be opened. At the end of the first thirty day period if a bidder has a minimum of three (3) completed transactions, they will be moved to Level Two.

Level II: During the second thirty (30) days of probation a bidder may only have six (6) transactions open at any one time. At the end of the second thirty day period if a bidder has a minimum of six (6) completed transactions, they will be moved to Level Three.

Level III: During the third thirty (30) days of probation a bidder may only have nine (9) transactions open at any one time. At the end of the thirty day period if a bidder has a minimum of nine (9) completed transactions, they will be removed from probation and will be allowed to bid freely.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking at it for being a heavy duty truck, but instead doing a mild-ish trail rig. The rust ain't no problem because I'd be tearing it apart and replacing parts of the body with my own panels. The gasser don't bother me, I''ve have LOTS of gassers, more experience with them than diesels by a LONG SHOT.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can bid on this. New bidders are on probation and are limited to bidding on three items at once.

This is from the FAQ on the homepage:

Q. How does the Probationary Period work and how does a bidder remove themselves from the Probationary Period?
A. There are three levels of bidding activity a new bidder must work themselves through to have the Probationary Period removed.

Level I: During the first thirty (30) days of probation a bidder may only have three (3) transactions open at any one time. As soon as a transaction is completed another transaction may be opened. At the end of the first thirty day period if a bidder has a minimum of three (3) completed transactions, they will be moved to Level Two.

Level II: During the second thirty (30) days of probation a bidder may only have six (6) transactions open at any one time. At the end of the second thirty day period if a bidder has a minimum of six (6) completed transactions, they will be moved to Level Three.

Level III: During the third thirty (30) days of probation a bidder may only have nine (9) transactions open at any one time. At the end of the thirty day period if a bidder has a minimum of nine (9) completed transactions, they will be removed from probation and will be allowed to bid freely.

"This Seller has instituted a Bidder Probation Restriction on this auction. To have this restriction removed, a $1,000 refundable deposit in the form of a Certified Cashier's Check or U.S. Postal Money Order must be mailed to GovDeals, Inc., 100 Capitol Commerce Boulevard, Suite 110, Montgomery, Alabama 36117. Once 60 days have passed GovDeals will return this bid deposit."

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about you guys, but I'm not in much position to have $1,000 sitting somewhere that I can't use. :dunno

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a "help' link after a "Your account is on probation.
This client does not allow probation level 1 bidders." message in the bidding info bubble. cookoo

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably, but that's just rude considering if you default, the site locks and blocks your account already, so, just mean. :backoff

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about you guys, but I'm not in much position to have $1,000 sitting somewhere that I can't use. :dunno
word of advice. if you are going to play in the real auction world. putting up "hold" money is not unusual when you are starting out. too many newbies get wound up on the bidding and not follow through paying and picking up afterwards. "hold" money will give you something to lose if you walk away and it helps them clean up the mess flakes leave behind.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that Towcat, but what ****** me off is it's just THAT municipality that I'm seeing an issue with, granted I've not done a 'super concise' search there as I was only looking for that kinda thing, so some Toyota pickup being sold elsewhere ain't my focus.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shes so far gone it's probably just good for the plow,a few parts and scrap.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online