Anybody used any tough country stuff?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at some U-bolts from Summit. Looks like there is a set of Tough Country bolts that would work for the rear. Anybody try anything from these folks? I figure they are probably Chinese but what isn't these days. They are not ultra-cheap or anything though.

Thanks!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Most say just go to your nearest spring shop and have some made.
Why do yours need replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at my build thread, there's way too much rust for comfort. All the rear suspension is getting new hardware. I pulled my d60 out of the donor today and they are actually really clean looking (tx/ok truck). I may reuse them depending on what it looks like when I tear it down to clean it up. I don't know of a good local place here. Need to see if I can find one. Anybody know a good spring shop in central MD?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah I see.
I hate rusty stuff.
My fronts were a bit loose, so I'm planning to eventually change them out. (Piece of mind scenario)
Not sure how much price matters, but I think you can get them from ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would recommend Bud's Spring in Lancaster PA. Always had great results with those guys. Not exactly in your back yard, but I'm sure your significant other wants to do some shopping at the outlet malls. LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not too far away. About 1.5 hours from the house. If nothing else, maybe I could call them up with the dimensions and send her on a road trip one day. Thanks for the tip Mel.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
I bought a set of rear 2.5" Blocks and U-Bolts for my F-350 from Tough Country through Summit. They seem just fine on the F-350. Daily driver, towing with traction bars.
The price + shipping was cheaper that my local shop would build me a set of U-Bolts for.