Anybody use this meter before?

built4tq1

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1128wt_939

Seems like a good deal for what you get..Also kinda seems like a knock of Kent Moore j-33000 Tach-N-Time as well. (maybe a sister company:dunno) For whats bundled in this package, would cost more than twice as much through Kent Moore...Ive searched for any reviews on this thing and have yet to find any...which led me to the Timing gurus (oilburners) once again for some answers;Sweet

On their web-site http://www.tinytach.com/design/timing.php You can buy just about anything for the unit, at what seems like fairly reasonable prices...But once again that price is just so cheap...I know I know...there is still quality stuff out their without the overtime..But seems ive gooten used to paying that little extra for peace of mind...Hell...and even that only works 50% of the time:rotflmao

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno don't got a meter of any sorts and figure something better n nottin...looks ok...but lets wait for others to chime in....GARY.....oh GARY.......whats yer take?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That meter is a kent moore knock off. The price is right but.... I personally would not pay that much for it. Ebay has a kent moore J33300 meter up for bids at this time... Its listed for $99.00... I do not see all the parts needed tomake it work soask the seller about the other parts not listed. The new updated kent moore meters are now called J33300-A meters. I have several of those plus many J33300 meters. I never pay more than around $150.00 to $180.00 for these meters. I have two J33300-A meters I paid around $150.00 for. On Monday or Tuesday I will be contacting some members on this board about renting these meters. I have been planning ondoing this for way too long of a time. That time has come... All my special tools are collected and I have a list of the first members who will be renting these. These meters are simple to operate. Connect them. Press one rocker switch and start the engine... Rev to 2000 rpm and see what you have for timing. If you like it leave it... Or shut down the engine and make an adjustment. Restart and see what your timing is... All this costs is shipping of $10.95 to your door and $50.00... Out here on the west coast I will have to pay last years cost of $120.00 for the pulse method of timing at the only shop I know that can actually time our engines.. So you see why I bought a timing meter... Or two.. Or three...:angel: Pm me if you want to get on the list...Several members on this forum have found that the farret meters work very well. I have seen them used once and it worked great... Easy to use and a lot less expensive than what you are looking at spending for the meter you are looking at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OTC-...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item1c1ea5ac2c

built4tq1

Reaction score
I dunno don't got a meter of any sorts and figure something better n nottin...looks ok...but lets wait for others to chime in....GARY.....oh GARY.......whats yer take?

:rotflmao Yes... Gary is of course a major influence when it comes to timing decisions... And that"s why im here inquiring about meter's...so that i may understand which meters are more than just good enough

That meter is a kent moore knock off. The price is right but.... I personally would not pay that much for it. Ebay has a kent moore J33300 meter up for bids at this time... Its listed for $99.00... I do not see all the parts needed tomake it work soask the seller about the other parts not listed. The new updated kent moore meters are now called J33300-A meters. I have several of those plus many J33300 meters. I never pay more than around $150.00 to $180.00 for these meters. I have two J33300-A meters I paid around $150.00 for. On Monday or Tuesday I will be contacting some members on this board about renting these meters. I have been planning ondoing this for way too long of a time. That time has come... All my special tools are collected and I have a list of the first members who will be renting these. These meters are simple to operate. Connect them. Press one rocker switch and start the engine... Rev to 2000 rpm and see what you have for timing. If you like it leave it... Or shut down the engine and make an adjustment. Restart and see what your timing is... All this costs is shipping of $10.95 to your door and $50.00... Out here on the west coast I will have to pay last years cost of $120.00 for the pulse method of timing at the only shop I know that can actually time our engines.. So you see why I bought a timing meter... Or two.. Or three...:angel: Pm me if you want to get on the list...Several members on this forum have found that the farret meters work very well. I have seen them used once and it worked great... Easy to use and a lot less expensive than what you are looking at spending for the meter you are looking at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OTC-...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item1c1ea5ac2c
I've been watching that $99.00 j33000 since listed... Unfortunately, it does not come with all whats needed for timing. So 100 bux for the unit and another 100??+ for appropriate parts...hmmm....my as well just buy a new or used unit with all that's needed for either method...I've also been watching this meter http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...1QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT#ht_2509wt_939 But of course its not the j-33000-A model..Even a ferrit adaptor and a timing light is 250-300 bux. Im not "TO" concerned about the price, but more less the quality of the unit.

Tisk Tisk Tisk....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up on "Gary's Garage Rental's" Perhaps, If i have yet to make a purchase decision in the time needed... ill shoot you a pm to get on your list so you can send out The Loner..:sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not even this-Showtits-Drool will get that....:rotflmao:D.... I bid what something is worth to me and I could care less what someone else will pay to said item that I bid on. I bid usually during the last few seconds just because I don't want someone bidding up the price to"find out" how high I will go. I usually pay 1/4 to 1/3 what the retail price is. Like I posted earlier on. These are the meters going out to members. I know whey work great or they would not being going out to members. I hope I'm sucessful in helping those that have no other options for timing these rigs... It really pains me to learn someone paid good money to have a shop time by ear.... Why not just time buy looking in a crystal ball....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your so very welcome... Today is a tuff day for many Americans no matter what they drive..... You can sure bet this country will never be driving an Irainian car nor anything made in the middle east either.... What the hell does afgansitan make... I like to think of our military this way... We took some lumps... But now we grew a pair that klanks when we walk....

built4tq1

Reaction score
Gary...are Kent Moore meters still made in the USA? The reason i ask....is for parts availability and of course quality and or lack of, since they began making tools

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
For less than what that thing cost you could buy a ferret and the best ferret timing light made and be all set THat price tag is mighty steep