Anybody rebuild Bulldog gooseneck jack

OhnonotAgain

Reaction score
The jack on my gooseneck stock trailer quit working on me last night. The jack is of the Bulldog type - square tube, side crank, drop leg. Is in the middle of the trailer body. I opened the cap on it tonight and all I can see is the two gears that mesh. I was told it was probably the bearings but I don't know how to get to them.
Any suggestions welcomed.
Thanks,
cb

sassyrel

Reaction score
if you know the brand of jack---call the manu--they will sell parts to fix it--or steer you to one of their vendors---not a lot to go wrong with a side wind--other than the top gears---even the two side bearings normally dont bother--but while apart--id replace em---

OhnonotAgain

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't know the brand of jack. I did get in touch with the manufacturer of Bulldog jacks and got a thrust bearing but then I found there is at least one tooth missing from the top gear. Bulldog won't help me any further since their jacks aren't set up the same as mine is. Mine had a nut on top of the gears to hold things in place and they just use a pin so they won't sell me the gears as we don't know if they will even fit.
Looks like I'm going to have to cut this jack out and put in a new one. Anybody have any ideas where a guy can find a used jack?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Ebay, I got a nice one from a place in Texas shipped to me for less than $100.
You wont have near what I had in shipping.

OhnonotAgain

Reaction score
I've been watching them and if it is the place in Stephenville then shipping is a flat $40 unless I go pick it up, and the place in Pennsylvania wants $60 shipping.
Thanks for the heads up though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online