Anybody have an install diagram for hydroboost?

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my F350 vacuum brake system to a F450 hydroboost. Have the unit, now I need the drawings and installation instructions. My F350 manual is no help. Thanks! :confused:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
monte-
left you a email earlier....if you need visuals, come by the shop. there's two complete units installed for you to look at.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
monte-
you're being a little too generous with the praise. Compared to Mel, I don't do squat here. Thanks for the kind words tho.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been chastised for saying good things about Mel, too on another forum. I guess I need to use my :hail icon a little less and my :backoff :draw :mad: icons a little more. I'm just in awe of the more experienced guys on these forums. It comes from living with my truck for ten years before forums became available. I went through some tough trials with the 350 dually trying to figure things out on my own. Since I've been online with you guys, I've learned more in a year than I learned in the previous ten. That's why I appreciate the help here so much.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe these will help a little

Attachments

• truck 114.jpg
    truck 114.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 24
  • truck 115.jpg
    truck 115.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 19
  • truck 116.jpg
    truck 116.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 17
  • truck 117.jpg
    truck 117.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 14
  • truck 118.jpg
    truck 118.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 14

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey 450,

Thanks! I actually have it in now. I ran into an issue with one of the hoses on the newer unit. The hose that goes from the hydroboost to the steering pump had a different end on it than the original. It screwed in fine...it was a compression fitting. The original had an o-ring. I didn't pay enough attention, just screwed it in. It leaked badly on the test run. You could have followed my entired test run trail from the leaking hydraulic fluid. :mad: Instead of buying a new hose, I took the old end off my original hose and swapped it onto the newer hose with a compression fitting.
Will test it today.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey...I appreciate it. I took it out for a test run today. Seems to work. Stops a lot quicker than before...but it'll never stop like a motorcycle. No more wondering if you're gonna stop in time, no more spongy pedal. For the first time since I bought this truck, I'm not afraid to put on the brakes.
:thumbsup: