Any options for front brake upgrade?

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried searching, couldn't find much, so Ill just go ahead and ask. Is there any options for the front brakes to get rid of the stupid pin in calipers in favor of something that bolts on? the grooves for the pins on the caliper mounts on my truck are so wallowed out that new pins with new calipers still won't hold tight

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a brief ebay search and found several places selling new outer steering knuckles. It's going to run you some coin, so I would suggest a quick look into a junkyard first. Solid Axle Manufacturing has some weld on brackets to go to a bolt on over the slide pin, but you'll probably have to modify your current knuckle to clear.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on how much coin it might be doable, I'm already working towards basically building a whole new truck (the engine was just the start lol)

I'm hoping to get all the little stuff like this fixed before winter hits so i can spend the winter painting the new body and getting it ready to have the 7.3 dropped in

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that appears to be for a ball joint axle, mine is King pin, but now i have an idea of what to look for, thank you

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my kingpin rebuild set from there, kingpin works great still! Seemed like quality parts boxes even had spicer labels no knock off parts that I could tell

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little off topic... But does anyone know off the top of their head what year they went from kingpin to balljoints?? I've heard several different answers

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought it was 92 that they made the switch, i got my king pin 60 out of a 91 and my dads truck is a 92 and has ball joints, his truck also has the rubber wedge brakes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online