Antifreeze leak

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Still getting that antifreeze leak somewhere. Still cant pin point it. It is not coming from the radiator anywhere. The area where I am seeing antifreeze are behind the front axle. I have it on my cross member, transmission, transmission cooler lines. I'm hoping it isn't coming from the rear freeze out plugs! I dropped the inspection plate cover and took some pictures, looks wet, but cant tell if it is antifreeze or a bit of oil. I did however have a little puddle, I mean little of antifreeze under the drain hole on the inspection cover. I dont know if its that because I have antifreeze in other places, maybe that's just where its draining down to? I'm thinking other freeze out plugs or HEAD GASKET!!! I'm thinking its coming somewhere on the passenger side. That side im also getting an awful oil leak, which just may be the valve cover gasket. It drips right down on the exhaust pipe, the starter is soaked in oil. If it is the head gaskets I dont see to much of a big deal, I think they need re done since I have since added a turbo! I do have a spare set of heads I am going to start cleaning up and reworking right away!

You can kind of see wet marks on the flex plate
You must be registered for see images attach

Passenger side looking up at the rear of the heads

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Could be the block heater? Try plugging it in, then let it get up and going (meaning warm)and then pour distilled water into the radiator and see if it gets worse (simulates driving temps). If you need help locating it. crawl up and under with the block heater plugged in with a blacklight, darkness helps as well. it is alot easier to tell whats oil and antifreeze.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I could see the block heater, looked dry around it. If it were my heads Id be getting antifreeze in my oil, or the other way around?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
are you 100% positive that it is antifreeze?

if my truck sits for more than a couple days with out running it will develope a puddle unter the front crossmember under the engine. my tranny cooler lines are all wet as well. i thought it was coolant. i check my water pump and it was dry. check my coolant hoses and they were all dry. turns out i have a fuel leak coming from my lift pump area. it is running from the pump>the battery cable going to the starter and then onto the cross member going under the engine and then onto the floor. lift pump would not explain how it is on your flexplate, but i thought i read on here that the valley pan drains at the the back of the engine. could have fuel leaking out the IP or something and is running down.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Get some UV dye for coolant and a UV light and glasses kit and go after the thing. It wll leave a bright yellow glowing trail leading directly to the point of the leak, no guesswork involved ;Sweet