ANOTHER TRIP!!!!!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, heres the details. left my area friday at 330 pm. was already snowing by this point. snowed all the way down to Washington DC. after DC snow stopped, but roads were still crappy. rolled into NC at 15 mph in 5th gear just trying not to slide around. Rt 95 was a SHEET OF ICE. for about 20 miles i crawled along. seen about 20 cars in the ditch, one on it's side. somehow survived this, and once we reached SC it was pretty clear sailing the rest of the way down to jacksonville. rolled into town at 830 saturday morning. took 3.5 hrs longer due to the snow/ice.
i drove straight threw, with my passenger right there with me the entire time. we slept for a few hrs then went to go load up the bikes in the trailer. on the way outa town to get them i started smelling brakes. pull into a gas station to fuel up and the smoke starts pouring off my front brakes. figures. shoot down the road and found a advanced auto. 175 bucks worth of calipers and pads later we were back! loaded everything up, went back to bed. left jacksonville at 4 am sunday. no issues all the way back, arrived at home 9 pm. dually never missed a beat, cept for the brake issue.

so now to figure this all out, my truck has been to Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnisota, Iowa, Michigan, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. All towing a trailer to either pick up or deliver a motorcycle. AND I DONT EVEN RIDE THEM! always a good trip for me.

and just so yall know, Rick(the owner of the white truck) will be released from the hospital tomorrow, and loaded into an ambulance for the ride back home. he needs to be on a constant drip and also cant fly due to blood clots. he will be home wednesday. everyone is glad.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they're all lucky they were riding in that "poor OBS Stroker" that took the hit for them and protected them as well as it did. Good to hear everyone will be OK.

Now, I know everyone's thinking it (80K 7.3L PSD / factory leather / Dually) so I'll ask. What's going to happen to the carnage? Makes a guy sick to look at the pictures, but a pickup can be replaced. It's too bad it such a nice rig got wrecked, but It should surely be the donor for another.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
truck has been totaled out. insurance gave him around 10000 for it. everyone has now returned to pa. truck and trailer and one bike left down there.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First hint of dozing off while driving, I find the next rest stop or just pull over and get comfy and sleep. looking at the pic sure hurts the soul, cause it looks just like my truck and I love my truck!

Glad it all worked out.

Javier

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Corey, glad to hear that everyone is back home and nursing their wounds. Give me a shout if you need help getting the last pieces back to PA.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
sucks to see that truck messed up bad but you can get another truck, not another life. but glad you had a good trip.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Corey, glad to hear that everyone is back home and nursing their wounds. Give me a shout if you need help getting the last pieces back to PA.

The rest is staying down there goose. No need to drag it back up. Also this is the owner of geese's yard that it happened to. Not sure if you realized it or not

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Man Oh Man... What an ordeal.... Glad to hear you all are back in Pa. and that your trip went without too much incident.... Did you get the salt washed off....???? Hope he gets the truck he wants to replace it.... Looks like Darrin's buddies is in the price bracket or at least close to it too....

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
that white one darrin posted sold already. so the search is still on. yes the salt is off the exterior. going to try and get under it this weekend.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
he did that beacause he could never get the dually hubs to balance the way he liked. at least thats the story i got
it was a factory drw truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online