Another reason not to drive a Chevy...

Quadzilla

Reaction score
DETROIT -- Problems with tailgates are behind General Motors decision to recall about 4 million pickup trucks from the 2000 through 2004 model years.

The automaker says there have been reports of more than 100 minor injuries, but no crashes or fatalities. It wants to replace tailgate support cables that can corrode and then break.

GM says it has been cooperating with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on the probe.

Last month, regulators said they were looking into reports where tailgates were falling off the backs of pickup trucks without warning.

GM will replace the existing galvanized, braided steel cables with stainless steel cables. Customers will be notified in phases because replacement cables will not be available immediately for all vehicles.

For more information, call your dealer.

Apparently, the injuries were caused when the tailgates were falling on owners as they pushed their trucks.

Whit

Reaction score
Apparently, the injuries were caused when the tailgates were falling on owners as they pushed their trucks.:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Goodun

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I stopped driving Chevy trucks many years ago when the saddle gas tank explosions were hot news stories. I sold my '78 Chevy pick up soon after and have been Ford loyal ever since. I'm surprized that major auto makers put out vehicles that have not been fully tested for safety before putting them on the market.

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked Max to increase the bandwith before I started the how many reasons to not drive a Ford or Dodge thread. LOL LOL
:shoot: :fight: :moon: :moon:

;) :angel:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whitmore,

I bet I know your stinkin ass!!! What are you doing venturing into the Ford section,,thinkin bout getting one????

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Whitmore,

I bet I know your stinkin ass!!! What are you doing venturing into the Ford section,,thinkin bout getting one????

Nope no thinking of ford, had one and broke the frame :mad: aint been back since :D

Cheers, Kevin

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whitmore,

You dont know who I am yet do you? Oh yeah, Im going to have some fun with you Whackety whack.

Whit

Reaction score
I see yer workin hard, aint you got a plant to run??? Keep track of that damn equipment so I aint gotta come down there and fix it in the morning nuckelhead, I have hard enough time keepin our plants goin let alone yours! :fight:

Cheers, Kevin

Last edited:

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
Reasons not to drive a Dodge or Chevy??? OMG - Please...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might have a plant to run (not now though,,days off) but you have a turn-around to get ready for Whitmore. Snap to it!! :yell: Then after its all over we can throw back a few:drunk:

MIke

Whit

Reaction score
If its tequilla and tabasco sauce LOL Member those daysLOL sleepin under the camper cuz the wife wont let ya in :sorry:

Cheers, Kevin

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevy,

I aint gonna mention a ****** thing about how you broke the frame on that Ford. So get that twokillya ready big boy :drunk:

Mike

Whit

Reaction score
OK buddy, lets do er......................I got me a new Polaris 6x6 with my bonus this year, this ****** is way cool and it do climb good

Cheers, Kevin

Attachments

• ranger6x6.jpg
    ranger6x6.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 87

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be go-to-hell Kevy, I got a 6X6 with my bonus too!!! Except mine isnt nearly as nice as yours. How much **** you gotta suck to get a bonus big enough to get one like yours? Or is it just in the swallowing?

You must be registered for see images

Mike

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
I'll be go-to-hell Kevy, I got a 6X6 with my bonus too!!! Except mine isnt nearly as nice as yours. How much **** you gotta suck to get a bonus big enough to get one like yours? Or is it just in the swallowing?

You must be registered for see images

Mike

hehehehe, if ya work real hard ya dont have to any of that:eek:

Cheers, Kevin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7