Another Kent-Moore J33300

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=1282379 this one is in Az. like the last one i found on the auction site , I'd be in for bidding on it if there's any member on here that could pick it up and ship ( i would pay of course) , as they do not offer shipping. mabey one of the timing guru's on here can take a look at it and see if everything is there to time our trucks .

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that better than the thing I bought from the snap on kid? Mine has a gizmo that clamps to the injector line. I then put my timing light on a wire that hangs out of the box.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This meter appears to be ready to use. Sadly the packages are not a good pic of whats inside them. Why a seller shows pics of a package tells me nothing about whats in the package. It appears there are 2 mag probes and 3 line clamp types of harness's. Might be different size early line clamps. What kent moore finally figured out was make different clamp sizes seperate from the harness. then all you need to do is buy a different clamp size for different size hard lines. the mag probe is the same across the J33300 meters. It would be nice to actually see the color of the meter display. Red color is the one you DO NOT WANT. Otherwise this is a nice meter and anything under about $350.00 is a fair price.

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted a question and asked what color the display is . hopefully the respond before the auction ends .

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Iirc, can't "repair" the red display one.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Correct.

The red ones are basically worthless unless it still works and you get it really cheap. If it goes bad then its pretty much done; the green display is what you want especially for any kind of money.

I don't think there is a way to actually tell from the outside what display color it has but if it only sells for 100 or so, then its probably worth taking the risk. You could just keep the other accessories for spares or sell them to make your money back. Like Icanfixall stated, a working green display meter in good shape brings the money. It just is what it is.

wjamesm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got an answer back on the display color and they say it is green , so this is the desirable one . So if anyone want to bid or if ant members here live in Az. and would be willing to pick it up for me and ship it let me know .