Another IDI 4x4 parts mule.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
1992 F350 crew cab 4x4 with a 7.3IDI diesel and rebuilt E4OD automatic transmission....The frame is rusty as is the cab/doors, the all the spring hangers are rusty too. Very well built 8ft steel flat deck....300+K on the engine, not running right now but I will get it running this week. The brakes work so the transmission can be test driven once it's running....All for $500.:sly

You must be registered for see images attach

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
It's amazing how ugly they can look sometimes but run out so well.
A diamond in the rough no doubt.;Sweet

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
You Suck x2

What a smoking deal... That thing looks in better cosmetic shape than my truck and I paid alot more for mine! Alot more... And I still need a tranny!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
We got it running, the starter is cranky but it could just be the cables....Talk about smoke!....:eek::rotflmao....Been quite a while since this old girl burned some fossil fuel but even with all the backyard engineering of switches and a busted column it only took a little sniff to get it started....Ran rough as hell but it slowly cleared out, probably a few stuck injectors....I'll put some ATF in the fuel to try free everything up or maybe some Power Kleener....Purred right along when it started, still smoked a little. The trans doesn't want to shift out of 1st when you put it in "D" but it will do the 1-2 shift if you put it in 2nd...Reverse works good - the fluid is low so I'll tinker with it a bit as I'd like to be able to sell the transmission to recoupe my $500.

Goofy was over for a look, drooling and stroking the Dana 60 front axle.:eek::rolleyes::rotflmao....He followed me down the street on the test drive, if the neighbours haven't decided that I'm a redneck I think they got all the evidence they needed today.:sly.... A decision has been made - 12V Cummins is going in my 92 dually 4x4 to replace the 460, this truck should finance the swap with any luck.

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I'll finance part of that swap if I can get my hands on that D60! Get rid of my 50TTB crap so my new plow will work better!

LOADS of good usable parts on that truck! A fair bit of the blue smoke coming from herLOL. It seemed to get along pretty good, I had to stab the stupid petal a bit to keep up at first. I can't believe how smooth it runs for sitting in the trees for that long!

(start subliminal message:Sell Goofy the D60!:end subliminal message)

resqzuzu

Reaction score
PM sent, Goofy I need a couple of parts off of that truck. If you get it I'll help knock a considerable amount off of the cost. PM me if you are interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online