an old problem returned LIMP Mode

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Hey guys earlier today i went out quading. Where i unloaded i had to use my 4x4 so i back in everything was fine nothing missing or nothing acting differently then normal. go back like two hours later i start it up and i load up and get everything ready and i jump in to drive away and notice that my tach is no longer working, my OD light is light up and it is like a one speed trans. i had this problem sometime ago so i replaced the tach sensor and it still didnt work then i checked the fuses after i spent the money and one was blow under the hood replaced it and it all went to normal and been good since. now i checked my fuses and all that stuff and there all good this time around. i just havent changed my tach sensor with my old one or vise versa to windy and cold out tonight to mess with it just curious what else i should be checkin out am i over looking something?
JOE

WHY DO THESE PROBLEMS ALL HAPPEN WHEN ITS SO COLD OUT EVERYTIME!!

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I had this happen in a 1990. A 15amp fuse had blown out of nowhere (can't remember what circuit it was) and all the gauges stopped working except for the speedo which was still cable/gear driven. Trans went into limp mode. This was the first and only time it happened and it took me a while before I looked at my fuses but thats what it was, back to normal after that. What else is on the circuit of that fuse that blew? Could you pin point anything on that circuit that would cause it to blow??

As for things breaking in the cold, seems to be the thing to do these days. When that happend to me I was just south of Hixon in the pouring rain:puke: The water probably caused the blown fuse with some wet connection somewhere, im assuming.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
im not sure what else was on the circuit, it was a 30 amp maxi fuse, but i dont have a diagram for the underhood fuse panel and ya like i said it was find when i shut it off come back from quading and its messed up and its about -3 here tonight and 60-80km hr winds. oh well at work ill hook it up to the scanner and see what it shows me if anything at all.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
i hope i can get this thing easily fixed, goin on a 1200km trip friday movin my sister to prince george. pending this being fixed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online

No members online now.