Aluminum Transmission Pan

aaklingler

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an aluminum transmission pan and I'm finding a bunch of different makes like B&M, Trick Flow, Moroso, Hughes, PML, Mag-Hytec, BD and ATS. What do you guys know about them?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
They are expensive and look pretty.:D

If you are buying the pan to help keep the tranny cooler. Don't do it. Take the money and put it into a bigger or better cooler.

If you want a rugged pan I would say Mag-Hytec.

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
Just out of my own curiosity why would it be better to invest in a cooler than a pan? The cooler I'm assuming cools the fluid much more evenly than the pan does?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
A cooler will be more efficient in transferring heat than a pan.
A big pan adds more fluid which will take longer to heat up. But when it dose heat up it will take a lot longer to cool down. The pan is not really in the air stream. So it is not a really good cooler.

A larger cooler will add more fluid too. But the extra fluid will pass through the air stream. Allowing it to cool quickly.

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
That makes total sense. Now you recommend buying a cooler where? I looked online this morning at work and realized there are a lot of "replicas" in terms of coolers that look like they could be tiny. Do you have any suggestions?

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Just out of my own curiosity why would it be better to invest in a cooler than a pan? The cooler I'm assuming cools the fluid much more evenly than the pan does?

Its like buying a bigger coolant reservoir vs buying a bigger radiator.

sethc24

Reaction score
x2 buy a bigger transmission cooler. I tryed the b%m one and with my truck in d and the correct amount of atf in the tranny the truck would not move. the b%m instructions say nothing about needing extended filter in the 4r100. Overall a crappy product. do not buy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Staff online