alternater info ????

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Ok I'm wondering if anyone knows about alts. My 93 has the 130 amp alt. and wondering do alts have a continuous amp load rating if so what would it be? The old alt went out and the new one only lasted a month so I'm trying to figure out if I'm overworking it or if its was just a junk rebuild

suv7734

Reaction score
My first question would be where did you get the rebuild from. With a 130 there should be now way you're using it up unless you have some serious aftermarket equipment onboard and even then it should take more than a month...

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
are the pullies mis-alligned and are there any other accessories that are tight causing more stress on the pulley bearings AND, is the belt to tight?

sassyrel

Reaction score
aric--the CONSTANT load rating is 70% of what is stamped on the alt. must have been bad alt------------at 100%--they will burn, at some time!! people using them as a batt charger--or to charge their dead batts--wonder why they burn a alt!!!! even if it is sped up--there aint enough fan to keep it cool------

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
the belt is not to tight if any thing its on the loose side but its tight enough

Its an autozone rebuild which usually I have decent luck with.

I have a little less then 60 amps drawing all the time before I turn on any lights heater radios

I knew there was something going on with it and checked it and it was slowly putting out less voltage till it just quit completely

I have some extra heaters for my fuel line and when I turn them on the volt gauge drops big time and even when running 2000 Rpms the volt gauge will never go all the way up till I shut the heaters off and when it comes down to idle it drops big time and the lights dim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online