Alright, I'll ask a freakin' question

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
This is what I've got:
'98 12 valve, 5 speed 4x4 (qc shorty)
I already have: Isspro pyro and boost, PDR #11, AFC kit, 3k GSK. Also have eliminated the kitty with 3.5" pipe (illflems recipe) I also have a pacbrake that I can't go without. I need to do the gov. lever adjustment, but other than that the truck runs great. Have 110k miles on it.

This is what I want: somewhere between 350 and 400 hp
I'm thinkin' 370's and some sort of turbo/housing will do the trick.
(I'll have to do a SBC at the same time too I'm sure)

I pull heavy at high altitude and steap grades in the summer hauling firewood, hay, horses yada yada, so I'm stickin' with the 11. Do you guys think the injectors will do the trick? I think they will, but I think I might need to change the turbo/housing. How does that work? Can I buy just a housing or is it one whole unit? Do I really need it for egts? I really want to keep my pacbrake set up as is and could go to 4" exhaust if need be, but I'm 3.5" from the downpipe to the **** then it's 4" stock there on back. Maybe just a free flow ****? Alright enough questions for now.:D

Idaho CTD

Reaction score
In addition to a set of sticks from DonM. I think you ought to look into a 35/40 hybrid with a 14cm2 wastegated housing or a non-wastegated 16cm2 housing (way slower on spoolup at your elevation though).

CHarlan

Reaction score
Hey Bill!! Good to see you again!!! its been a few weeks! Merry Christmas a couple of days early!!

-Chris-

QRTRHRS

Reaction score
I don't think you will be happy with just the non wastegated 16cm2 housing. My 12V is pretty similar save the 3k GSK. I have the #11, 370's, AFC, BHAF, ATS 3pc manifold, BD Brake then 4" all the way back, no kitty. The 16 did drop my EGT's which is what I was after but starting out is flat, flat, flat. Fuel mileage went down maybe two tenths of a gallon. Save the pennies for one of those new options Piers has.

Cummnzpowr

Dunce
Reaction score
put a #10 plate in,and some mild delivery valves you'll be at 350-375 range no problem

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise, soo many options. Piers and R.ebel have been great helping me so far. When I bought the 11 plate, they recommended that for pulling heavy at high altitude over the 10 for egt reasons, so I think I'll stick with that for now.

CHarlan

Reaction score
I would not mind having both a 10 and 11.. my EGT's are high with the 10, and were manageable with the 11.. May do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker