Air:fuel ratio

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Wes. That’s a great data point. I’m digging back into the model to make a couple adjustments based on some more reading and discussions. I’ll update when I can.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy I could help, I’m thinking of picking up a nock off GoPro or two so y’all can view all the gauges together and maybe one for looking at the exhaust so you can see what makes smoke in what conditions. I’ll look into it

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that would be sweet. I am bummed to see that over just part throttle exceeds the range of the afr. I didnt have much luck searching if any other afr gauges are readily available that go over that. It seems like that is pretty much the max (17:1). But i do appreciate the video none the less. It makes for a good reference point.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep 17:1 is the limit of any “wide band” gauge. By using a standalone computer you can see the outputs not visible on the gauge display. This is how I data logged in the first place, the output wire on the aem needs to be interpreted by a computer such as a haltech which is what I use on coyote/modular engines, then you can connect with a laptop and view the data in real time or in logs.

As I mentioned I sold my equipment that I previously used to do the data logging, they are in use on a turbo mustang drag car I built with a friend, so if that car ever comes apart to change it up (or gets wrecked again) then I can get the data logging rigged up again.

Until then the videos with the afr gauge is all I have to offer :oops:

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer. I am ok with that though, because I was dying to have one so I could monitor fuel economy, but I am kind of glad to hear that, because it is money i didnt need to spend! But I do appreciate the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7