Aftermarket Fuel Filter Problems

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Last week we had a problem with one of the VFD's 2001 (I think it's a 01) F550 PSD's leaking what I was told was oil.

Turnes out after taking the PSD to the steelership (no, not me, but my boss) that it was not oil but diesel leaking cookoo cookoo

Somebody along the way (they get farmed out for maint) had replaced the fuel filter with a non OEM one & it had a attached oil cap, so the seal was bad & it was puking diesel out around the filter/cap. The new "replacement" filter cap was $60.00 & now the Chief's only want the steelership to replace the fuel filters.

However, I'm working on convincing them to let me get some RACOR filters & do it myself to save the $$ & hassle of farming the truck out.

Now for the question :D

For the life of me I can't remember who the OB sponsor is that was having problems with his web page. I'd like to find out the cost of a case of filters & present it to the Chief officers in the hopes they will realize we can get OEM filters & do it ourselves and save $$ :D :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ramprat said:
For the life of me I can't remember who the OB sponsor is that was having problems with his web page. I'd like to find out the cost of a case of filters & present it to the Chief officers in the hopes they will realize we can get OEM filters & do it ourselves and save $$ :D :D

Dale at Powerstrokeshop.com has offered very good bulk pricing on filters before and I think he may be the guy you are thinking about.

Ggg

Reaction score
The three top people who I would recommend buying filters from are; (no particular order) Bob Reilly @ Dieselsite.com, Powerstrokeshop.com, or Tymar. I would also check out the possibility of billing the cost of the dealer repair or at least the filter lid cost back onto the repair shop who screwed up the filter change.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Dale at Powerstrokeshop.com has offered very good bulk pricing on filters before and I think he may be the guy you are thinking about.

dale doesn't work there anymore.. from tds

Dale_Lakin said:
First off I do not work there any longer.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ggg said:
Where did he go? what happened?
You know how it is................. bigger and better things right? I wish Dale the best of luck in his future endeavors. Meanwhile, Chris is still doing the gig there and will continue to operate the powerstrokeshop.com portion of the parts business. ;Sweet

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
He was when I made that reply. ;Sweet

i know, i wasn't being argumentative.. just informative, didn't know how many folks new that ;Sweet

i think the new "dale" there is a guy named chris

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jlayne said:
i think the new "dale" there is a guy named chris

Yep, Chris has been there for awhile already, now he is doing what Dale used to do. ;Sweet

He's a great guy as well. :thumbsup:

Ggg

Reaction score
I know Chris, met him in person earlier this year when I was in Indy. he has lived here in my home town a while back, he is a good guy as was Dale. I hope Dale lands on his feet wherever that is. It would be nice if Chris would introduce himself on the net so people are aware of the change.

Big Red CC Dually

Reaction score
Is Chris or rather, does Chris go by "Space Ghost" if so I met him too at the party Dale held at Indy.

Ggg

Reaction score
You know I do not know Chris' web name, but he is not Space Ghost that is Mike I believe, a friend of Dales. Mike is a real good guy he helped me a lot that weekend. My truck needed A/C repair badly and he pointed me in the direction of a real good dealer. I saw your truck at Claudes/Annes as well. I had the 2000, RC, LWB, 4x4, all black. I think I was 1 or 2 parking spots over from you. My buddy had the big teal colored CC SD 4x4 LWB from Full Throttle Performance.

Last edited: