Adding Upfitter switches

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number or link to them... Im putting in enought lights and stuff that I think they would make it the cleanest install...

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this:

The parts required are 5C3Z-13D730-AAA (switch $43) and 5C3Z-14A303-AA (harness $20). Totally plug and play. The harness comes with a fuse/relay box that mounts up under the glove box. One end of the harness plugs into the fuse block and also has the 4 orange power wires coming out of it (don't know if pre 2005 trucks have this receptacle), the other end plugs into the back of the upfitter switches. Hook up the ground wire and that is it. Took me about 90 minutes, most of which was routing and securing the harness behind the dash. Thanks to all of those that put this info out there, because none of the dealerships near me even knew what the part numbers were.

But I cannot find the switches on the parts lookup on here -- https://fordparts.com/

Darn it all

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
You are talking about the switches that go beside the tow command right? Where is this plug in that you are talking about on the 05 trucks.. Mine being a 00 I might have to engineer something, have you head of anyone putting the swithes or towcommand in a older super duty? I'm pretty sure the switches wouldn't be any problem even if the plug wasn't on the fuse box: my main consern would be:

1. is the cubby hole the same size?
2. how does the tow command wire up?

Lastly is that $43 for the whole bank of switches or per switch (hopfully the whole bank cause that is insane other wise.)

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
yes, would definately like some tech if you install this.

btw, my buddy that always thinks he has to go to the dealer for parts (the one who got the $700 water pump installLOL) went and bought some fuses.....

@4.50 each :D

I told to to drive on over to autozone...he did, bought a big [email protected] each ;)

would be nice if someone aftermarket would come up with a switchboard to fit there like the upfitter switches. But till then, nice to have a factory look.

thanks for the part num ISNMU

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
quote from another board

" I work at a Ford dealer, don't purchase a truck with the thought of adding the system at a later date. The system is more complex then you might imagine. It involves networking of several electronic modules as well as sensors that are built into the master cylinder. If built without the system the modules will not be programmed for it, the sensors will not be in the master cylinder...Ford issued a bulletin regarding this stating that it is not possible to install in the field. The upfitter switches can be added easily though if you did not orfer these."

bummer.... still want the switches though

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to tell ya, dont even try to add the controler.. I will work on this and see if I can get it going... Probably in 2 weeks... The wirieng harness plugs into the back of the 05 fuse block... On the older ones, you would have to wire yourself.... Im have no clue about the size...

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered the upfitter switches and harness from Dale at the powerstroke shop... Nice guy! And great prices... I will be doing a ful install with pictures soon... I will try to get a friends 03 over here to see if they would fit in his dash also.... I will post soe pictures to help you guys fabricate a wiring harness for the older trucks...

ISNMU

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem... I will take pics of everything so you guys can see if you can retro it into the 04 and older trucks... SHould be putting it in next weekend...

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the upfitter switches today in 90 minutes.... 60 of them were figuring out where the fuse box that comes in the harness goes... Then I spent some time routing the wire, and in that time I hooked up my KC lights and high idle to the switches.... I am going to put the instructions and picture on the web tommarow... should be a 20 munute job once you know where things go... totaly plug and play... Nice unit.. and cheap...

If you dont have them, put them in.... I will also post instuctions for high idle(manual) Its sweet...

The wiring harness will be very easy to retro fit into the older trucks!!!!!! all you would have to do it cu the connector for the fuse box and supply power to those wires.... Pictures of that will be up on the site also...

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brian,

You mean this could be done in the '99 Superduty, too?

That's great! What's the total cost in parts run?

Nice job!!!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726