Adding switches...where??? Here??

tnthielen

Reaction score
I used 1/4" plexiglass, sanded so the paint would stick to it. I had to cut out the useless coin tray that used to be there, then just epoxied it on.

Next month I'll have a build thread started with pics, etc. after I get the truck back from the shop.

-Todd

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the overhead consoles, I am kind of a sucker for temperature and compass display, there are lots of them out there and I think they retrofit pretty well. If you install a factoryish overhead console, you would have lots of spots for switch mounting.

I don't have any pics but maybe somebody out there has done this already and will post some pics.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'm hoping to eventually.

I don't have a straight on shot, but I'm thinking maybe in the bottom slot :dunno Not even sure if an Explorer display would fit.
You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to eventually.

I don't have a straight on shot, but I'm thinking maybe in the bottom slot :dunno Not even sure if an Explorer display would fit.

See not something like this front to back in supercab.

I can add 2 or 3 radjos and switches and and and....

Juzt saying

Dats da bomb

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I was looking for a truck that had an overheard that ran the length of the cab, but settled for this one. It will get light strips under thr plastic (in current plans, subject to change), a switch panel where the mini CB went, compass/outside temp in the space under that, then a fullsize CB mounted on the bottom. Diesel mic is hanging there to remind me to get on that :D

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my switches; Two are for WVO fuel system, the metal one is for electric fan manual over-ride. The cubby hole has my electric fan controller in it, and some led lights that give status of the WVO system. Below the switches is a electric delay timer that purges the fuel system with diesel before shut-down.

Here's my gauges; I really like having them here because at night I can flip down the visor and they don't blind me, I don't know why, but even with a dimming function, most aftermarket gauges are way too bright.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update time folks...

I have to say...;Sweet... the switches fit where I had them well. I am thinking a short harness setup with a couple of plugs wired to switches would work well for removing trim when required. My switches have threaded terminals not spades.

Regardless of type of switch I think 2 on each side would fit fine.

While in here figuring this out I think I will attempt to setup either 2 LED's or a dual colour one for my tank switch indicator so when I have rear tank I have one LED or colour and front has another.

Anyway here are some shots I took.

Clearly they fit...I had no indication of interferance.

Here on lower right secion there is room above cubby hole....I use my cubby hole and the change slides as we have parking meters in town.

A d lower left appears room too for switchez above fuel switch

I checked my ********** red dazh back side appears some room...but here in the truck this spot could take a switch or two on the vertical flat narrow section

Now that makes room for about 9 plus switches of various types. Not like those fancy labelled switches but toggles a d pushbuttons.

Hmmm...now to find some quality switches.

Thanks for looking

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we're on bricknose dashes; Does anyone know where I can get a headlight knob, or the metal clip thing that attaches it to the switch. Mine finally broke when I pulled it off the last time.

So the slots in the cubby are for coins!!?? I wondered what the heck that was all about.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
While we're on bricknose dashes; Does anyone know where I can get a headlight knob, or the metal clip thing that attaches it to the switch. Mine finally broke when I pulled it off the last time.

So the slots in the cubby are for coins!!?? I wondered what the heck that was all about.

Yup, Dorman Help! section in any Autozone will have it as well as most other parts stores. Can get them from LMC truck as well. I found knobs in the junkyard, aluminum and use a set screw that I cleaned up for Bruiser and ordered new for the Enterprise. Can be had in shiny or black. I find the allen screw easier to deal with than the factory clip.

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, Dorman Help! section in any Autozone will have it as well as most other parts stores. Can get them from LMC truck as well. I found knobs in the junkyard, aluminum and use a set screw that I cleaned up for Bruiser and ordered new for the Enterprise. Can be had in shiny or black. I find the allen screw easier to deal with than the factory clip.

Haven't found them in the Doorman section at A-zone or O'really's. Guess I'll just order them online. Allen screw sounds like a winner.

aiyana7.3

IDI Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are mine

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used micro switches in Bruiser. They all activate relays so no load draw threw them.

Lights

Fan Controls

The A pillar switches look clean, but there's a mess of wiring stiffed in there so I could actually pull the panel when needed and be able to disconnect/reconnect the switches. The Enterprise has the wooden overhead console that will get used for switches (panels where small CB and whatever else went in). A PO had installed a switch for aux lights on the WTS/WIF panel, but almost directly under the starting column.

What is the red light for on the dash? My truck has one too but its not in the same location.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Not stock. It's one I put in for extra lighting. All of Bruiser's interior lights are red so it doesn't kill my night vision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner