add the small three lights

rray32539

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM runs about $36 for the light bar through Powerstrokeshop.com.
Aftermarket $10 or less.

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
Trucklite makes the stock part for ford. just put one on my friends 03 srw. Napa and trucklite PN is 15745R. bolts right up to the factory holes under the tailgate. I recommend using stainless bolts as zinc bolts will look like crap after a year or so.

Oh and it uses trucklite Model 15 marker lights if you need to order LED's separately. I had to get the ID bar and then get the LED's sperate.

I am now in the process of using one of these light bars with some magnets bolted to the back as an over length marker instead of a red flag. Everything I haul over length is metal so I just stuck the magnets on and plug it into the 4 way light harness and go about my way. Using pretty strong magnets though.

NVCowboy

Reaction score
Southwest Fabricators bumper on the rear has me blocked from adding the lights. THere is a little lip on the top of the bumper that would get in the way of hte lights. I could add one of those LED strips that go all the way across the truck, but I am pretty partial to the traditional three light setup. I need a way of mounting three THIN LED's either on the bumper or above it. A short strip of LED's similar to the long strip that was the same length of the oem three lights would also work for me.

RE Mudflap lights. - I remember seeing a truck going down the road one afternoon where it was still light enough to see and dark enough to have the lights on. His Mudflap lights were burnt out or broke. FRom all the mud on the flaps and the rest of the truck, looks like they were victims of a bad environment. I'd refrain from doing the flap lights if you take your truck into the dirt, gravel, and mud, zone.

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NVCowboy, have a look at the identification lamp on 2001 and newer GM 3500s, those are lower profile, and might fit your bumper. You'll just have to grind off the 2 mounting tabs. That light can be had for about $20. I attached mine with 3M double sided tape, and that light never comes off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online