Accelerator R & R advice...

Jamie

Reaction score
Going to tackle this today. Does anybody care to offer any advice based on thier own experiences? The cable was comprimised at some point during previous repairs, apparently I crushed it somehow.....

Jamie

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's nothing to it.
just disconnect the cable on the pedal side first, after that the rest of the work can be accessed from the engine compartment.
If you're installing a factory cable assy, it will come with a cable ***** to help it through the firewall. Don't throw it away after installing the cable. File down the casting flash and use it for installing injector O-rings. It slips right over the threaded part of the injector.

RedTruck

Reaction score
I suggest using the factory cable. It's more expensive, but the jobber cables don't seem to be the right length.

Paul

Jamie

Reaction score
Went ahead and installed the Motorcraft one at lunch. Perfect fit. My neighbors probably liked the fact that I was down, but now i am burnin' diesel again so look out. Part cost me $75.

Jamie

Reaction score
Yellowknife, Nt lies in Northern Canada. Population around eighteen thousand. Yellowknife has recently gained notoriety as the diamond capital of North America. I am born and raised here.

Jamie

Reaction score
I am not an Ice Road Trucker myself, coincidentally I do know most of the personalities who appeared in the show. I work at a local jobber store that dabbles in heavy duty. Get to work with these guys alot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faust

Members online