ac and heat controls

Exekiel69

Reaction score
the ones on my buddy's 87 300 TD don't work, it will cool at first and then heat the rest of the day and will not respond to the controls it will do it randomly.

Thanks.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say that it cools at first, do you mean that it cools until the engine gets up to operating temperature, then blows only warm afterwards?

If that's the case, there's a slight possibility that the monovalve is bad (older monovalves can be repaired, but on the 124 chassis it's replace only), but it's more likely that the climate control head unit needs to be replaced. Sadly, it's not cheap...you can get it here.

I wish I had better news...although I admit that I am not as well-versed on the 124 chassis. Two of the biggest problems with M-B's of this era are the electronics and the suspension systems...this is why you often see M-B's up for sale with bad climate control systems; the systems are a bit of a PITA and rather easy to pour money into when things go wrong...although, when it's working properly, it's a good system :)

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ouch, that is going to hurt. Is there any way to check it out first? I could pull it but provably wont know what to look for for.

Thanks.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of .pdf files that may help you. These are meant for the W123 chassis, but I THINK that the basic climate control module functions are similar between the 123, 126, and 124 chassis cars (although the layout is slightly different, which is I THINK the only reason they won't interchange). I'm attaching them to this post...I would suggest patience and a good electrical tester...

Since OB doesn't allow me to attach large .pdf files, I took the 5 files that I think will help you most and compressed them to a .zip file. This is hopefully more info than you'll need, but I can't say for sure. If there's anything else I can do, let me know and I'll be happy to help ;Sweet

Attachments

• Climate Control Diagnostics.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have a couple of .pdf files that may help you. These are meant for the W123 chassis, but I THINK that the basic climate control module functions are similar between the 123, 126, and 124 chassis cars (although the layout is slightly different, which is I THINK the only reason they won't interchange). I'm attaching them to this post...I would suggest patience and a good electrical tester...

Since OB doesn't allow me to attach large .pdf files, I took the 5 files that I think will help you most and compressed them to a .zip file. This is hopefully more info than you'll need, but I can't say for sure. If there's anything else I can do, let me know and I'll be happy to help ;Sweet

Thanks a lot, I'll use this and hopefully We can get it working right. It is getting a little cooler and I know I would like the heat working in the mornings if it was My car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online