A LITTLE HELP WITH MY 1986 6.9 air in the fuel system

gandalf

Reaction score
What's the fsv?

FSV is the Fuel selector valve. That controls which fuel tank you draw from. The rocker switch controlling the FSV is on the dashboard.

The FSV is mounted on the frame rail, driver's side. Picture:

You must be registered for see images attach

HSkinner

Reaction score
Fuel selector valve. I've found a couple leaks so far. Can I replace the hard line from the filter to the IP with a rubber line? Is it a common problem for the pickups to rought away? Do I need new complete sending units?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, pretty much 100% of them rot away. I replaced mine with a piece of submersible hose, a brass tee on the bottom, and a wire mesh strainer around it to filter out out plastic pieces.

I don't know about replacing the hard line with rubber, but Mel (agnem) I know sells a braided stainless steel line that fits.

No the sending units don't need to be replaced, you just have to extend from the steel part of the line down to the bottom of the tank, as I described above. Also you can replace the electric float part with a universal gauge sender (as long as it's 78-10 ohms) so that your fuel gauge will be accurate again, I'll be doing this later this winter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online