A few project update photos

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well, got the kiddies tonight so the welding stopped early and have some time to update on Project Golddigger.

The first photo is a BEEEUUTEEFUL view. :love: :love:
Just can't wait to her her spool up now. :D :D

Look a bit different Calvin? ;Sweet

The remaining 4 photos are of the drivers side floor pans front and rear.
Plus a solid B pillar. ;Sweet
Man what a mess. Me thinks it would have been quicker to get a different cab, but momma said different. -cuss

Only good thing was I was able to justify buying a welder and am getting better at welding.
Still the dog catcher flock-o-pigeon welding service but hey, just started welding 2 weeks ago. :eek:

I got the passenger front floor pan almost all the way in tonight before the little Butts arrived home for the evening.

Hopefully if I can keep the pace, I should have the sheet metal repair done and the cab into primer and all areas that need cut in with paint should be done by Sunday evening......Weather permitting.

Somebody remind me why I am doing this. cookoo cookoo

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 97
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 59
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 57
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 49
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 48

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Somebody remind me why I am doing this. cookoo cookoo

Because you :love: it!! Looking good! You'll have a fatter billfold when you are done instead of buying new or a lot of used parts.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need to see some more pics of the up pipe welding job. heck...more pics of the engine period. ;Sweet
silly question.....have you checked the floorpan will clear the pipes?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Looking Good Ron. ;Sweet What did you determine about the up pipe? :confused:

BTW your concrete blocks are turned wrong(holes go up). :Sly

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
towcat said:
need to see some more pics of the up pipe welding job. heck...more pics of the engine period. ;Sweet
silly question.....have you checked the floorpan will clear the pipes?

Here's 2 more for ya. I gotta get one of the air box color matched and painted. :love:
I took quite a few measurements from the Beef plus checked with a couple others and things should be good and snug. :eek:
Just gotta notch the pinch weld and roll it back yet. Gonna get some color on it first before I roll it back.

Gruss said:
BTW your concrete blocks are turned wrong(holes go up).
I know that silly. :rolleyes:
Had to borrow more blocks from the neighbor and were not the greatest. Some still had mortar on em and by their looks I really didn't want to smacke em to get it off.
4 blocks high is pushing it for stability.

Custom fabbed up pipe job. $100.00 to come pick up the chassis run her to the shop, weld her up and run her back home.
Gotta love that '50' discount. :Sly

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 101
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron, your an inspiration! ;Sweet What for welder did you get?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Ron, your an inspiration! ;Sweet What for welder did you get?

Inspiration???? I say insanity! LOL
I picked up a Chicago Electric 90 amp gasless wire welder for $119.00 from Harbor Freight. ;Sweet
For that price I sprung for the 2 year warranty for $20.00 in case if I puke it out doing this project.
Only drawback so far with it is the operating time at max duty cycle. I have hit the thermal overload a few times already since my skill has been improving. -cuss

93turbo_animal said:
at least it looks like you braced the cab before cutting it up
Yep, I didn't have much choice with what little solid metal was left on the B-pillars. :eek:
Prolly caused the 2 cracks on the passenger side floor pans just below the firewall. Heck the one was 6 inches long and has spidered out in 3 different direction. :puke:

Oh well rain not coming so back to welding I go. :D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Looks Great Ron,...Specially the painted up motor!

It would be nice if I had the time to stop buy and take a look when I am in Schoolcraft tomorrow. See how the schedule goes

Darrin

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Ron whats your duty cycle on that little welder hitting the thermal overload alot is not a good thing although I'm supprised your hitting it even though it is so little but just welding sheet metal I wouldn't have thought you would set it off well if you like it once you upgrade to something with a little more amps and put it on the bottle you'll love it

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
It would be nice if I had the time to stop buy and take a look when I am in Schoolcraft tomorrow. See how the schedule goes

Darrin
Give me a shout on the cell and I'll see what I can do also. Boss is gonna be gone this afternoon. :Sly

93turbo_animal said:
Ron whats your duty cycle on that little welder hitting the thermal overload alot is not a good thing although I'm supprised your hitting it even though it is so little but just welding sheet metal I wouldn't have thought you would set it off well if you like it once you upgrade to something with a little more amps and put it on the bottle you'll love it
Aric,
It is 10% at the max setting. 1 minute of welding in a 10 minute period. :mad:
Of course that didn't show up till the box was opened and the sale rep didn't say anything about it other that it should work great for patching up floor pans.
I pulled the side panel off it last night to try to get more air flow. Even thought about a small fan to keep the coil cool.
It looks like thermal switch is set for 110 degrees farenheit. :puke:
I'm trying to keep from overloading it but am working on the min setting and at times still find some thin metal to burn thru. -cuss
I would loved to have gotten one on the bottle but cash flow is getting thin as the project progresses. Gotta save my pennies for the remaining paint.
3rd gallon coming up soon. :eek:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man Ron those are some UGLY welds!!! :rotflmao LOL :D
Aww just kidding actually I've always wanted to pickup one of those little welders, I haven't a clue how to weld but I've always wanted to learn! Did you just teach yourself by unpacking it and going at it?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Eric - I'm not a welder by any stretch of the means but play one at work from time to time (nature of the business) - best way to learn in my opinion... Burn some metal my friend - through trial and error you'll get it. Then when you feel cocky try some stainless or Alum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online