A big thanks to Russ

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thanks to Russ for selling me a wastegated ATS turbo ;Sweet . You da man Russ!!!

Now to get all the other things together that I will need for the install LOL ;Really .

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Justin what do you have with it? The turbo is the easy part, but at least Russ knows his stuff so you know whatever you got from him is good. I just had my ATS non gated system installed and the biggest problem I'm having is the upipe vibrating against the firewall. Make sure your cab mounts are in good condition and that you cut, peel or beat enough clearance for the uppipe and downpipe. If you need any parts, ATS is not the most helpful but some of their dealers are top notch. I bought some stuff from Central Motive Power in New Mexico and some stuff from JH Diesel in Mississippi. Both good folks to deal with with the CMP shop coming most highly recommended;Sweet The non gated turbo is a dinosaur but for your system its highly probable either of those shops will have parts right on the shelf. Congrats on the turbo. Are you going to install it yourself or have help or pay someone to do it?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Hey Justin what do you have with it? The turbo is the easy part, but at least Russ knows his stuff so you know whatever you got from him is good. I just had my ATS non gated system installed and the biggest problem I'm having is the upipe vibrating against the firewall. Make sure your cab mounts are in good condition and that you cut, peel or beat enough clearance for the uppipe and downpipe. If you need any parts, ATS is not the most helpful but some of their dealers are top notch. I bought some stuff from Central Motive Power in New Mexico and some stuff from JH Diesel in Mississippi. Both good folks to deal with with the CMP shop coming most highly recommended;Sweet The non gated turbo is a dinosaur but for your system its highly probable either of those shops will have parts right on the shelf. Congrats on the turbo. Are you going to install it yourself or have help or pay someone to do it?

I have the whole intake side of the turbo, everything I need pretty much besides an exhaust (I have the downpipe, I just need everything down wind of that) and gauges and maybe some nuts and bolts. Thanks for the dealer info, that can come in very handy ;Sweet . I'm going to install it myself with the help of some other OB members hopefully (Shane aka SKimballC has offered his assistance whenever he has some time off to do it).

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I second the recommendation for Central Motive Power. They are our local light truck diesel shop here in the Albuquerque area and they are top notch. They are an authorized Stanadyne dealer/rebuilder and have all the equipment to do the job right. You can contact Martin at (505)884-2525. Ryan Eklund told him we would send as much business his way as possible via this website. If enough people do business with them, they may offer some incentives in the future and increase thier stocking of older diesel parts.;Sweet

Tom