99 IH 4700 issue

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok another tow company that i do the maintenance/repairs on thier trucks for has a 99 international 4700 with the t444e in it.the driver of it saids that when he shifts from 1st to 2nd gear it "hiccups" and lets out a puff of smoke.i pulled the fuel filter to see what color the fuel was and it was the normal diesel color with no sign of oil indicateing the injector O rings,wich i know doesnt totally rule them out.last oil change was 3 weeks ago by another shop.they dont know what kind of oil was used so they had me do another oil change on it.i used rotella t 15/40,made no change.i replaced the TPS on the throttle pedal 3 months ago.what kind of scan tool do i need to use for this truck?i have a snap-on solus scanner that will do the powerstrokes in the fords but i dont think it will do the IHs.

id probably get better results in the powerstroke forum so mods if you think the same please move this thread for me

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
I think the Fords have a Ford specific plug in for the scanner. The IH uses a different one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online