99 f 250 7.3 turbo diesel Help od light flashing and won’t shift to 3rd

Diesel tech in tr

Reaction score
I recently change out the filter and inspected the reusable gasket then I put a new filter on and fill it with fluid drove approximately 20 miles never really got up to 70 mph till yesterday and got to town and noticed the of light was blinking. It was at 2000 rpms in 2nd amd hadn’t shifted I was like uh oh. So I continued on to wal mart thinking like last time it will go away after setting it came out to it just start right back after I got up to about 30 to 35 mph and didn’t shift to 3rd I had to continue on to a safe place to pull over and “park” my truck. Well I went to the local auto store and got every sensor and ordered a solenoid and another filter cause the one I put on only had. 5/8 pick tube so I got the 1 3/4 pick uptube. New fluid etc cold air intake a new transmission cooling unit new lines and a neautral safety switch cause it sometimes doesn’t start in park. Lol ok that’s about all for now oh I replaced to vss and the pumpkin sensor a month ago trying to fix a hard shift and jumpin Speedo. Lol please someone helping I went over board on it oh well I’m waiting for all my parts to get here and I’m goin to start tearing into it replace everything with a electrical plug till I get result. I have gotten screwed over so many times by taking vehicles to the shop I canning afforded any mechanic. So I’m the mechanic.any advice I’m in a lot of money on this truck trying to make it nice and new to last forever.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you scan for codes so that the truck can tell you what is wrong?

Did the transmission shift ok prior to servicing it?

Fluid level correct?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online