97 f350 front springs

94crewcabIDI

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a 1997 ford f350 crew cab long bed 4x4 with the 7.3 psd. The front spings are bowing upwards and i need new ones. But it has a 4 inch block in the back and the front have no blocks. They would be the same height and i see alot of them the same height as mine so maybe its factory i have no idea. I need them and i have no clue what to get because i don't want to get the wrong ones and having a lower in the front truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated

You must be registered for see images attach

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Numbers are just for demonstration here:

let's say your eyelets are 42" OC
a relatively flat leaf would be 44"
a normal arc would be 56"
a high arc would be 62"

now would be the time to do an RSK

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call (1-888-943-8287) and ask for Junior at ATSsprings.com as he knows exactly what you need.

There is only one OBS (the body style you have) front leaf rate for the F350.

I had an old set of front leafs that someone put a helper leaf under it. I just replaced them with new leafs from Junior. With freight to my door, 4 new U bolts and 4 new mount bolts the bill was still under $400. The ride is much softer and I only lost about a 1/2" from the helper leaf setup. I have about 3" between my axle and the rubber bump stop. I'll measure for sure tomorrow.

I believe that DOT makes blocks up front illegal. But, Junior can help you with what they call "zero rate" leaf. It is not a lift block because it it bolted as part of the leaf pack. A lift block is not bolted to the spring pack. This will give you another inch.

If you really want to lift it, even if only 2 inches or so, you can explore a RSK or Reverse Shackle Kit that lets you use Superduty body style ('99 and newer) front leafs which have a variety of spring rates for different loads or ride height.

I'm not on this page very often so if I don't respond please send me a private message.

Good luck!

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?

Last time I checked, leaf length was leaf length regardless of arc. ;Poke

Yes, if you are talented enough to make the tape measure follow the same arch as the leafs. I ain't so I just ask people that are smarter than me.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my old truck, stock. (PSD/5spd) As I recall, the front leafs were basically flat at ride height. Also factory 4" block in the back.

I went to a cheap 4" lift later. It did the job, but in hindsight, the ride of a RSK on stock springs probably rides nicer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online